Thread: Struggling Can Anyone Help?

Struggling Can Anyone Help?

Hello, Ive now been on 20mg for 2 weeks following 3 weeks tapering up. I still feel awful, high anxiety, little appetite etc. Is it too early to think about increasing to 30mg or should I stick to 20 for a bit longer. I just hate feeling like this, signed off work and feeling helpless. Sarah xx

Re: Struggling Can Anyone Help?

Hi Sarah What you are feeling sounds VERY familiar to many of us old timers on here! You are not loosing your mind and you will get through this I have been on Cit many times and each time getting on them was hell on earth You take the first step to recovery by taking the first pill and you start to feel worst....! I took a good 4/6 weeks on 20 mg before I started to feel any relief please stick with them I have taken them on and off for 5 years This time I have realised I will be on them for life! No drama or hang ups it's just something I need They do work it just takes time which is rotten when you feel this way I know Shout if I can help in any way and well done you for taking the first step to getting better
    Ken x

Hi Ken thanks for your response. I'm glad to hear its helping you. I'll keep battling on with 20 for longer from all I'm reading it will be a while yet before I see any improvement. I just hate feeling so anxious and down all the time. Thanks again Sarah x

Hi there, hope things improve for you soon. Its true that anxiety often increases as the chemicals in the brain level out and settle down. You might need a couple more weeks yet. I wouldn't jump to 30mg if you don't see any benefit at all from 20mg after 2 months. I think you will be feeling better soon though

Thread Information