Thread: chest cramps around period

chest cramps around period

Heya all I was just wondering if anyone else gets this or if it's unique and I should be worried.

I have been having what I can only describe as chest cramps, it is excruciating in every sense of the word it is like an ache dull and v painful usually around my breast bone and feels like something is pushing up and trying to escape through my centre chest. It can be felt in my stomach up into my chest, shoulder and back and even down my left arm, it usually feels like a constant cramp although the arm pain is more sharp and shooting, and usually goes across my collarbone. It is always worse around my period but can happen when rushing or emotional, it honestly feels like my diaphragm is pushing up and crushing my heart, lungs and everything else. I have heard of period pains but never so high up. I sometimes get moments of burning slightly to the left of my sternum but it's fleeting it can also be feltbin my upper left arm.I also get painful palpatations or missed beats. It's really scary and I think it''s my heart everytime it's worse when I lay down but eases on most occasions if I sit up and my partner massages my back, although this is usually just as painful initially. Does anyone else have this, I really want to avoid doctors and feeling silly again if I can any ideas, support or advice greatfully received

Thanks guys panicstricken

Re: chest cramps around period

Yep, this is normal I think, I have had it and my friend got it so bad she always held on to her chest when she had her period and called it heart ache.

Re: chest cramps around period

Thank you so much for your reply nursegreenwhippet, I'm sorry to hear you and your friend go through the same, but at the same time it's good to know that I'm not the only one that has this. I hope you and your friend feel better soon thanks again for letting me know I'm not alone

Thread Information