Thread: Restarting Lexapro (ONLY POSITIVE REPLIES PLEASE)

Restarting Lexapro (ONLY POSITIVE REPLIES PLEASE)

Does anyone have any experience (successful/positive) with coming off of Lexapro and then restarting it and having it work as effectively as it did previously? Only post positive stories please as I do not want to be discouraged.

I was on Lexapro for 9 yrs for panic disorder and anxiety, and it worked wonderfully. I came off recently but the PD came back so I'm currently restarting it, it will be 4 weeks on Sunday (first 3 weeks at 10mg and this week at 15mg). I am seeing slight improvements but definitely not feeling myself yet. I have moments of clarity peeking through where I am beginning to think more rationally but not without anxiety the remainder of the time. The first time I started it, I was almost 100% back to myself after 4 weeks and that was on 10mg (had a dose increase 3 years after that though) so now I am beginning to worry. If you've had a similar experience, how long did it take for you to feel like yourself again?

Re: Restarting Lexapro (ONLY POSITIVE REPLIES PLEASE)

Lexapro, thats Escitalopram I believe. There is a dedicated forum section on here with lots of posts you will find useful!

Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure if they worked for you once they can work again. Maybe a tolerance issue? I'm not qualified to say tho.

I have no experience with Lexapro but I restarted Zoloft at least 2 times (can't remember, was years ago) and every time it worked for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Yes! I had a very positive experience. I was on lexapro 20 mg for almost a year and a half, felt great, came off it.

I was off it about a year and a half and started to get really depressed again. I was originally using it for depression, although my anxiety was much better on it too. I started up in May this year. I am back at 20 mg, have been for a few months, and feel better. I even had less side effects the second time. Just trouble sleeping, some start-up anxiety, but felt my normal self within 2 months.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by swgrl09; 19-10-15 at 02:23.

Hello, I just restarted Citalopram 3 days ago, and so far I find it's helping bit by bit. I'm not 100% yet, but I'm better than I was a few days ago, and I believe I'll get better again, and so will you. Keep it up I've started a diary on here too, sharing my experience getting back on.

Thread Information