Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

As a way to calm myself about the procedure I thought I'd document my experience here. It's 8:30 am and I just had the last meal I'm allowed before the colonoscopy at 7:30am tomorrow (admittance time). It consisted of two slices of gluten free toast and jam lol. Starting the prep at 5pm today... Can't say I'm looking forward to it!

Re: Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

I hope that the day goes as quickly as possible for you. Just rest as much as you can today (if that's not a stupid suggestion in view of your anxiety) but no solids and a fairly radical clearout of your system may make you feel quite weak. This is absolutely normal of course.

You'll be squeaky clean internally tomorrow after the procedure and hopefully you'll have been reassured as to your fears. Nothing can hide from a colonoscopy so if and when you get the all clear it really means that..

Thank you, I appreciate that

Did you feel very dehydrated when you did it?

Just to reassure you about the procedure itself - I am a big baby when it comes to hospital tests etc but I can honestly say that it is simple & not at all scary. I have had it done twice so just relax & enjoy the light clean feeling ! Oh & when it comes to the prep just treat it as an excuse to watch tv or read in between trips to the bathroom. I watched movies & relaxed without feeling guilty about doing nothing.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

You don't need to feel dehydrated as you can drink water & I had some lukozade or lemonade for a bit of energy. I also had a chicken oxo cube in hot water.

I started reading the documentation they sent me again, and the associated risks have made me anxious :(

They don't seem to be as rare as you'd think they'd be. I wish they'd leave this stuff out lol.

They have to tell you everything but the chances of it happening to you are minuscule. I know that this will not stop you from worrying though so roll on tomorrow. You know that you need to go through with this for peace of mind and reassurance and your system will have a complete deep cleanse!

I know... When I had an endoscopy at least I could just focus on the actual procedure and not this day of emptying lol

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Well guys, I'm starting my first glassful... wish me luck.

It says to drink the first litre over 1-2 hours, taking my time. How long does it take to suddenly kick in??

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Another note... it says to drink a 250ml glass every 15-30 minutes... I kind of want to drink it faster than that... but I'll stick to one glass eery 15 mins. Tastes... funky... lol.

It took an hour for the first "movement" and from then on pretty constant. Mind you, I had only a 3 hour prep stage so it was not a gentle introduction....

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

I also had to have an anti-sickness injection at the same time so I think my prep was far more radical than yours is going to be..

Jeez lol. I feel a little better about my one now haha

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Just had a wee... nothing to report LOL

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

We have gurgling...

Things are on the move........Good luck! Don't stray too far from the loo!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information