Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

Re: Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

Glad it went well for you. I can remember feeling a bit farty after the sigmoidoscopy. It was lucky I had a good long walk back to work.

Haha yeah I've got the day off thankfully... Feel absolutely shattered now. Although I didn't exactly sleep well last night... kind of wanted to be conscious should I need to run to the toilet lol

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Oh that's good news! Now don't you dare start worrying about anything else or what that "tight bit" might signify! Think back to how you were a week ago and how relieved you are now...

Treat yourself to something good to eat and don't be surprised if you don't "produce" anything for a few days as your bowel has probably seen enough action for a while!

Really pleased for you though
    Thank you

I was actually going to ask what the first bowel movements are like after and when they arrive lol.

I'm not worrying now... I'd still like to know what's causing my pain, even if it's just IBS so I could at least take something or alter my diet to avoid flareups in the future, but yes I am very relieved now

You probably need to rebalance your body salts like with the runs. Get plenty of water to rehydrate and get some minerals back into your body and rest up.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You probably need to rebalance your body salts like with the runs. Get plenty of water to rehydrate and get some minerals back into your body and rest up.
    Yeah, I've been drinking loads of water. Didn't realise how dehydrated I was!

Good luck KayeS! It will be fine, I know it! I had one years ago, was slightly sedated with it though as I preferred that. I didn't have to drink anything, it was a suppository. I'm possibly having another one after latest results so hoping it's the same this time :-/

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCeeCee View Post
    Good luck KayeS! It will be fine, I know it! I had one years ago, was slightly sedated with it though as I preferred that. I didn't have to drink anything, it was a suppository. I'm possibly having another one after latest results so hoping it's the same this time :-/
    Thank you

I had it done and it was fine, even with no sedation lol. Everything looked normal

Quote Originally Posted by KayeS View Post
    Everything looked normal
    As I fully expected it would be Now, relish the moment knowing your fears were unfounded and then revisit the last months worth of threads about it. Take into consideration how deep you were in an anxiety spiral and now, take action to treat your real illness. Doing so will also help the symptoms you're experiencing from it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    As I fully expected it would be Now, relish the moment knowing your fears were unfounded and then revisit the last months worth of threads about it. Take into consideration how deep you were in an anxiety spiral and now, take action to treat your real illness. Doing so will also help the symptoms you're experiencing from it.

Positive thoughts
    Absolutely will. I've already started inquiring into different therapy options and will go and see my doctor next week regarding possible medication. I just wanna have the rest of the week away from doctors lol

Remember that last sentence of yours Don't let the sh*t hit the fan without thinking about your wise words?

Quote Originally Posted by KayeS View Post
    Thank you

I had it done and it was fine, even with no sedation lol. Everything looked normal
    Yes, I've read your posts now, well done and that's great news for you. You can just live now and relax a bit :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Remember that last sentence of yours Don't let the sh*t hit the fan without thinking about your wise words?
    Haha I will do my absolute best!

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCeeCee View Post
    Yes, I've read your posts now, well done and that's great news for you. You can just live now and relax a bit :-)
    I can't wait to have a worry free sleep tonight lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information