Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

Re: Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

Finished half of the prep now... sorry for the constant posts btw, but it feels calming to post the progress here.

Definitely feeling some bowel activity now. Lots of gurgling... I can see myself going very soon...

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

I must say the taste doesn't get any better with each glass, that's for sure... :/ lol

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Side note: I've never had a laxative before in my life prior to this... lol

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Onto my last 200ml of the first litre... Can definitely feel movement happening, still haven't been yet though....

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Aaaaaand bombs away lol.

Just went... Very very very loose. But nothing awful. Finishing my final glass until 8-9pm now... I'm sure there will be lots more to come

I am glad this isn't a site with advanced video technology and cameras.

Only joking.

You will be fine ,and in fact when you get to out patients the nurses are usually really kind and supportive. You are sedated but still awake and you won't feel a thing and by the time you get back home I am sure your anxiety will have eased considerably..

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I am glad this isn't a site with advanced video technology and cameras.

Only joking.

You will be fine ,and in fact when you get to out patients the nurses are usually really kind and supportive. You are sedated but still awake and you won't feel a thing and by the time you get back home I am sure your anxiety will have eased considerably..
    No sedation for me lol

Watch this space....

It's a pretty unpleasant experience but all in a good cause. You'll just keep on going and wonder where the hell all this stuff is coming from but it just keeps on coming...

You need to have a complete clearout in order for the scope to show up everything. Sometimes the colonoscopy cannot be completed as the bowel is not empty so you would have to go through all this prep again.

Are you taking Picolax ? I only had to dissolve it in a cup of water.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Watch this space....

It's a pretty unpleasant experience but all in a good cause. You'll just keep on going and wonder where the hell all this stuff is coming from but it just keeps on coming...

You need to have a complete clearout in order for the scope to show up everything. Sometimes the colonoscopy cannot be completed as the bowel is not empty so you would have to go through all this prep again.
    Haha yeah. Haven't been back to the toilet again yet... But can feel movement... lol

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn4 View Post
    Are you taking Picolax ? I only had to dissolve it in a cup of water.

I'm taking Moviprep. You dissolve 2 sachets into a litre of water, and then a few hours later, the same again.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Holy crap... (no pun intended). Ok well, yeah, that happened LOL.

Just sat on the toilet for 15 minutes and had 5 separate 'movements'... Not actually that uncomfortable. Just... odd.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

I think it's stopped.... please say it's stopped.... LOL

I suspect that this is just the beginning........

Well I'm gonna have the second litre in 30 mins lol.

It's calmed down a lot now but boy... This is a new experience to say the least

Glad you are clearing out the cobwebs....

Onto round 2....

I'm really hungry now lol

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Getting mighty sore now... lol

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Finally finished drinking the second litre... it's all done... alas I am not lol. Although I must say this second 'round' is not as urgent or frequent as the first... although I have only just finished the second litre over the last hour... so we'll see...

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Still going.... Not as frequently but still going...

*crawls back to sofa*

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

I think it's stopped.... FINALLYYYY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information