Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

Re: Just had my least meal before colonoscopy...

I think you should have named this thread your "log".

Get and weigh yourself before & after.

I take it you've never had a dodgy drunken takeaway before

You might need a rubber ring to sit on now mate.

Hopefully you won't have to explain to Dyno-Rod why they are coming out.

---------- Post added at 05:34 ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Nothing can hide from a colonoscopy
    Ah, so thats where Lord Lucan and Robert Maxwell got to.

Well, just getting ready to head off...

I've only had a few occasions in my life where I've had serious diarrhoea... I have to say that this isn't as bad as that, as with this, you're not actually ill, so that horrible sick feeling doesn't accompany going, and with this it's actually kind of easier to get it all out... lol.

I am extremely sore down there though. I got up at 3am to go a little bit more and for the first time, when wiping, there was some blood :/ I've had this before when I had diarrhoea so I wasn't concerned, it's to be expected from all the going/wiping right??

Anyway guys, wish me luck! Feeling pretty anxious right now if I'm honest... a million different thoughts are going through my mind :/

Yeah, it's the wiping. I've had it before when I've had bugs and with the roids too. It's a sensitive area afterall.

Good luck with it.

One of my old bosses once told a few of us he had one down the throat and one up his rear end so we had a good laugh at images of it being at the same time like with those illusionists who pull a hanky back & forth through their ears.

LOL!! Well I had the one down the throat in March this year so... haha

I've had the double whammy too! the long and winding ro(a)d springs to mind...

Sudocrem or plain old Vaseline will soothe the soreness.

Good luck! Will you be posting whilst having the procedure? MyTube?

I'm back! Hahaha I was actually thinking of this post while I was having it done lol!

All clear... no signs of anything, and he didn't even feel the need to take any biopsies.

Feeling very 'windy' right now....

But all in all I'm very relieved about it. Still wanna get to the bottom of my bowel pain but very relieved. In fact he said the fact that he's looked at my bowel means that I'm pretty much clear of cancer risks for at least 10 years lol.

He did say that the part where my large bowel joins the small bowel is very tight, and I saw he had a bit of trouble getting the camera into that bit, and had me move around so he could do it, and this is actually the area where I get most of the discomfort...

Great news

I can now finally have my breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    Great news

I can now finally have my breakfast.

LOL!!! Sorry for the detailed posts :/

Quote Originally Posted by KayeS View Post
    Still wanna get to the bottom of my bowel pain

Glad it went well for you. I can remember feeling a bit farty after the sigmoidoscopy. It was lucky I had a good long walk back to work.

Oh that's good news! Now don't you dare start worrying about anything else or what that "tight bit" might signify! Think back to how you were a week ago and how relieved you are now...

Treat yourself to something good to eat and don't be surprised if you don't "produce" anything for a few days as your bowel has probably seen enough action for a while!

Really pleased for you though

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information