Thread: Small lump on back right side of head

Small lump on back right side of head

I have a small lump on the right side of the back of my head (probably 2 or so inches to the left of the top of my right ear). It's relatively soft yet firm and is less than an inch in diameter. I'm in the middle of a bad bout of hypochondria (I've had brain cancer, MS, and an aneurysm among other things all in the last few months lol ) and it's really bothering me. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

I should mention it's painless and I first noticed it probably half a decade ago. It hasn't seemed to grow at all throughout my life but it's really bothering me now that my anxiety is really bad (I didn't have bad anxiety when I first found it)

I'm getting a puppy tomorrow, I'm trying to stay on top of school, and my anxiety is already generally pretty bad, and I really don't have the time or mental fortitude to deal with this thing stressing me out rn

I'm a fit 17 year old male with mild hypothyroidism (mother and grandma both have suspected Hashi) and nothing terminal or scary in particular runs in my family. Any ideas? Should I even bring this up with my doctor (during my next blood test/physical or something) or am I worrying too much?

Re: Small lump on back right side of head

I have a benign lymph node in my neck, it's been checked over, hasn't grown and been there for about 7 years. Try not to worry, if it hasn't grown, chances are it's nothing.
    Get doctor to check it to ease your worry x

Quote Originally Posted by Traceypo View Post
    I have a benign lymph node in my neck, it's been checked over, hasn't grown and been there for about 7 years. Try not to worry, if it hasn't grown, chances are it's nothing.
    Get doctor to check it to ease your worry x
    Thanks for the reply. I too have palpable lymph nodes on my neck (one on the left side and two on the right, lower down near my clavicle). However I just feel like this is different. Do people get lymph nodes in the back of their head?

Hey,

Yes, there are lymph nodes in that area (if I'm understanding your description correctly).

The fact that you have had this for 5 years tells me it's completely benign though. We all have lumps and bumps on our bodies. We are just more prone to finding them is all!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifelonganxiety! View Post
    Hey,

Yes, there are lymph nodes in that area (if I'm understanding your description correctly).

The fact that you have had this for 5 years tells me it's completely benign though. We all have lumps and bumps on our bodies. We are just more prone to finding them is all!
    Thanks for your response I know I'm just overthinking

Thread Information