Thread: Sharp Pain and soreness in left breast and armpit

Sharp Pain and soreness in left breast and armpit

Please help! I suffer from really bad health anxiety. For the past 5 days, I have been suffering on my left side with a pain under my left breast, sharp pain above left nipple, soreness under left armpit, as well as my left breast feeling very sensitive.i experience weird sensations with my right side occasionally too. I have also been on the depo shot for 2 months. I have terrible muscle tension in my neck shoulders and back. I am terrified of being diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. I am 27 years old with a 3 year old. Please give me some advice!!!

Re: Sharp Pain and soreness in left breast and armpit

The depo shot causes a lot of people to be in pain. I had the shot once and I hated it. I had very deep pains a few days after I got the shot and it lasted a while. I googled the shot and a lot of people complained about it causing them pain and other things. I would talk to your dr and see if it could be causing you the issues. Also I have a fear of boobie cancer and my dr( who has survived it) told me that she didn't even know she had it. She had no pain. Maybe it's a nerve that is pinched from your shoulders? Or maybe just a side effect of the shot. I wouldn't worry too much and if the pain keeps going your dr can set i up with a song to settle your mind

Re: Sharp Pain and soreness in left breast and armpit

The depo shot is infamous for having many odd side effects. If you haven't had a mammogram recently, it wouldn't hurt to get one, since breast cancer is a very real health issue for women. Nevertheless, take a few deep breaths. This could easily be a side effect of the depo shot, a pulled muscle, a pinched nerve, a cyst... a million things more likely and less catastrophic than breast cancer.

Thread Information