Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: adult colouring books

Re: adult colouring books

They have new Harry Potter book in Tesco now, Harry Potter Magical Creatures.

You know, I think I would be super jealous, if it were not for the fact that they are everywhere here too! Lol! I remember how we were allowed to colour in maps at school, and how you get enormous sets of pencil crayons in school supplies at the department stores. I just found a good quality set at Walmart, only 24 colours, but very pretty ones, some fine line porous point pens and some gel pens. Passing through an airport recently, I found the watercolour pencils and some books. The books are what do me in! I have 8 already, including one that came with a relaxation CD! My favourite are the ones that have one-sided pages with perforations along the edge. Now looking for a clipboard to put the sheets on ... Lol! Really plays into the OCD among us, doesn't it, Terry! Ha ha! ... I swear, I haunt the stores in case I am missing out on a really cool new book! They fly off the shelves, and the colour ing implements are impossible to keep in stock!
    Marie

I have got two i love them but some of the pictures are too difficult for me , sounds silly but it doesn't interest me if there is too much to do such as small areas to colour in , i have coloured all the bigger pictures which are flowers , but the smaller flowers i have left as i can't concentrate on them .

I will get some more though but this time with bigger areas to colour as i find them relaxing .

Feelthelove,

I normally do them when watching TV. I pick it up and down when I feel the need or there's something on the TV which is not catching my imagination.
    I like the flowers too and have the gardening one. I don't use them all the time though, because they end up becoming another chore. So, I use them as a fidgeting tool otherwise I end up doing something stupid like hovering or dusting the house at 9pm at night.

I got a worksheet and information booklet from my therapist on OCD last time I was there and tbh, it done me more good colouring in the black and white figures throughout the book than reading the info in it

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

wow, never thought about this myself but thinking about this more... yeah... it might really be a good idea as it really might help. bright and light colors can help a lot relaxing and calming your mind. really good post and good tips. might try it myself on my next "bad day".

These colouring books are all the rage at the moment and I'd consider one if I wasn't such a perfectionist because I know that the first time I stray out of the line I will have a Basil Fawlty type fit and it will end up being hurled over the back street. That said, I really could do with an outlet. I wish I could lose myself in something again, it's been quite a while since I was able to.

Quote Originally Posted by youdontknowme View Post
    I got one that has beautiful mandalas to fill in Very relaxing. I've always loved coloring.
    Mandalas are my favourite ones xx

Interesting. I'll check them out. Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information