Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: adult colouring books

adult colouring books

Got myself one of those Zen/ relaxation colouring books . spent 2 hours at it, the longest concentration span I've had in ages. No tremors in hands and stayed inside all the lines yeah!!! Well worth a try . Relaxing distraction

Re: adult colouring books

Apparently they are the biggest selling books at the moment.
    I've got loads of them and when they are finished, they look almost good enough to frame. You can even do them watching TV. Brilliant!

My local Tesco have been doing them for about six months now. There are some new ones coming in too that are a mixture of puzzles too but those just seem more like the old puzzle books to me

The Zentangle ones are good too.

I got one that has beautiful mandalas to fill in Very relaxing. I've always loved coloring.

These have recently become really big in Australia. I'm going to get myself one this week. What a great way to relax.

My boyfriend draws me these abstract pictures and then let's me colour them in. I find it very relaxing and then we hang them up on the wall as a little keep sake. He first done this when I had a bad migraine years ago and it was all I could do, to just sit there and colour in. Then I found it worked when I was highly anxious. Might sound silly to some but when you have anxiety issues, you find relaxation and peace where you can!

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

I saw a load of these in The Works at the weekend

I spent around 1 and a half hours last night colouring in a fox's head and I came away from it so relaxed it was truly amazing! Really brings away your focus from over thinking

I do something similar to the colouring books. My hobby is photography and I download old black and white photos from museums etc and colour them in with photoshop. I find it very relaxing.

Smile Re: adult colouring books

Hi, these Zen colouring books have helped me a lot with my anxiety. I go to bed and spend hours colouring, they make me feel so relaxed. It's what I do when I feel jittery. There's a great Christmas one out too. x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information