Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: adult colouring books

Re: adult colouring books

Yeah, I first saw those Zentangle mags in Tesco and now they have loads of the Zen colouring mags too. They usually have about 4 or 5 different ones in but right now they have more. They also have a couple of books in the book section which are handy sized but there are plenty on Amazon too.

I set up a thread for the Zentangle here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168827

Lior posted a good free guide on how to draw them in there to save buying one of the "how to" mags. There are some very interesting ways you can meld styles, I posted a few examples, and there is no reason why you couldn't colour these in either.

I was in The Works on Wednesday. Forgot to look for the colouring books.
    Will looks next week. Bought two Christmas presents though.
    I have a points card there. Don't know how they use the points.
    I forgot to ask

A Harry Potter one came out on Thursday. It's the first one I ever bought. Can't wait to try it and see if it relaxes me

I know some people like to use these

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-grou ... -331639-24

I have bought a Mindful Adult colouring book, thanks to this thread being started. Also bought colouring pencils.

If I ever face my travelling fears, I will take them (colouring book and colouring pencils) with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifenotworthlivin View Post
    I started a bit myself but physical pain stops me. I also can't stop Messing up and having ugly outcomes!!!!
    I get so disappointed. I see others who can blend really well and I can't blend to save my life. They get comments and so many "wows" etc. Yet I'm lucky to get a "like".
    I don't find it relaxing anyway. It stresses me to get in the lines and to keep things even and colour coordinated.
    Reasons why I gave up on art. I SUCK, get critisized and can't colour to save my life.
    But the point of them is to enjoy the calm and to take you away from the stressful side of your brain and to the creative side. You don't have to be any good at it to get the same out of it.

Don't worry what people think, it only matters that YOU got something out of it.

I bought a book for myself in the week and was surprised at the chose there was in The Works. I got Art Nouveau patterns' Nice enough to put in frames or decoration.
    Not used it yet though.

I've got a couple of books now and bought watercolour pencils. You can use them like just normal colouring in pencils or use water and bushes and it looks like water colour painting! Just great! And you can do the same thing on preprinted canvas art - the ones where there's a pre printed image and you add the colour and then hang it up. I love it! So relaxing and so pretty.

These are really gaining popularity here in the USA too. I saw a lot in The Paper Store this weekend. I read an article recently about how there are similar benefits to meditation when you color. I will try to find it.

Yes give it a go for sure. It's like you just zone out so I can see it that they compare it to meditation. And another good thing is that it's not expensive either. Just a great way to get time out and relax

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information