Thread: Bisoprolol

Bisoprolol

Has anyone tried bisoprolol for their ectopic heart beats iv just been prescribed 2.5mg and was wondering anybody's thoughts on this? Really hoping to get a little bit of relief been so bad lately 😢

Re: Bisoprolol

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with ectopic beats, they definitely are no fun.

I have not tried that medication, but I do believe it's a beta blocker. I'm currently on a beta blocker called propranolol and I want to say it helps my heart slow down and helps me to not feel so on edge. Very subtle effects, and minor side effects

Thank u jenni just out of 2 days in hospital which wasn't fun but got my heart fully checked out and although they spotted thousands of ectopics every day they say that they are benign and have prescribed this beta blocker, how are you doing? X

I'm sorry to hear about the hospital stay, I was hospitalized and monitored in August. No fun at all, but I hope you got some reassurance while you were there. What kind of tests did you have done if you don't mind me asking? Do you notice the beta blocker helping any yet?

I'm feeling a lot better. Last Thursday I had that really bad run of them, but I haven't had an episode since. Maybe a few skipped beats here and there. I think my zoloft is starting to kick in a little because this past week I have found a little bit of peace. Either that, or I am just having a good week. I can never tell. Still having a little bit of a constricting sensation in my chest.

That's great news your not getting as many they really are horrible things wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy! I had full set of bloods taken,loads of resting ecgs,chest X-ray and also an echocardiogram, since starting the beta blocker it hasn't made a difference yet still getting long runs of ectopics which they say I might need an operation to fix the electrics of my heart if the medication doesn't do the trick X

Thread Information