Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Enlarged lymph node in neck - to worry or not to worry?

Re: Enlarged lymph node in neck - to worry or not to worry?

In the 6 months since you started this thread, you would be very physically ill if something sinister were going on. I watched as a node the size of a pea grew to a golf ball in six months!

Nahhh... nothing to see here other than a raging case of anxiety I'm afraid Sounds like you're coming to some kind of terms and that's good.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Bumping this thread again as I'd rather have everything in one place instead of multiple threads all over the place.

Can't remember whether I mentioned this but the dermatologist I was meant to see pretty much just shoo'd me away. That's one way to deal with patients I guess.

Progress with lumps though Since suffering from I assume was a bad round of hayfever (even though the blood test said I don't have hayfever - yeah right, my literally bleeding sinuses had something else to say about that), I had maybe 5 lymph nodes pop up on the left side of my neck. I think there's only 3 left, but they've stayed for a few weeks now. Pretty sure they're staying here for the collection...And just this morning I completely accidentally discovered a small pinhead size lymph node under my jaw bone, next to one of the enlarged nodes on top of the jaw joint. Thing is, this small bugger is hard and immovable I'm trying my best not to freak out and avoid touching it, but my lurking OCD is not helping. And on top of that, I'm not sure whether this bugger is matted with the other gland or not! Bad feeling about this...

And not only this, a couple of days ago the lump in my groin that seemed not to show up on ultrasound changed. It has now formed a small movable lump on the side of it. I am now in a panic that the ultrasound doctor made a mistake and either a) didn't tell me it was a lymph node - and a lymph node with an attachment is a pretty sure sign of cancer, or b) it's not a lipoma like I thought but a malignant tumor.

My anxiety attacks had died down to a certain level but this has now shot it up to new levels and I'm stuck popping calming pills like mad. I have no idea what to do, considering my GPs will definitely not do anything because ALL they see is anxiety and nothing beyond that. Do I finally go to a private doctor to see what they think instead, or shall I wait longer to see where this goes?

I think you already know the answer to this X You're constantly checking nodes, and they don't like to be prodded around. They react, swell and get knotty. Please, I know you're going through hell but will reiterate what has already been said - cancer does not calm down, shrink. It gets bigger. You have had an ultrasound that has told you have nothing concerning - and why would a doctor keep the fact from you?
    You've been worrying about this for a long time, you've got to work on accepting that your HA is misinforming you - you don't present with significant symptoms of it and you don't have it. Maybe try and work on your belief, which is skewed. You're ok x

I understand the prodding bit. I wish I could stop it, but now I don't do it because of anxiety, but more because my ocd has taken over! Then again, both go hand in hand don't they I just don't feel comfortable when new nodes join in on the enlargement party Don't really care about the ones on my neck, cause I'm pretty sure my sinuses messed them up, but what about the hard one behind my jawline? Reasonable to think that's from the allergy as well, but I still don't know what to think when medical articles tell you to go see a doctor straight away when your lymph nodes are multiplying?
    Both of my minds - both reasonable and unreasonable - are difficult to manage. I know HA is blinding me a lot of times, but my reasonable mind looks at reality as it is - yes it's unlikely your body is killing you, but it IS true that lymphomas sometimes do not show up in blood tests or something and anything along those lines. This 'look at both sides of a coin' type of thinking usually helps, but not with health it seems!

These last two days have literally been hell because of that groin lump. Thank goodness today the tide went down a little and my brain let my voice of reason echo around for a while. I know it won't last for long though, but it's a nice change. I've seriously damaged the skin above the lump so I think I'll be forced to stay away from it so the skin can heal. I still really want to call up a doctor about this, because even though this is a small change, it's still a change in a lump that isn't supposed to be there in the first place :(

Hope your doing better now, I have a small, hard lymph node in my armpit and it's been 5 months, still going strong and trying to deal with the anxiety of it all. It's very difficult.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information