Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lexapro diary :)

lexapro diary :)

day 1 -

went to the doctor today which actually really lifted my spirits, I'm lucky enough to have a GP who is super empathetic and compassionate - he just GETS it.

I've been prescribed 5mg lexapro for my GAD/Panic disorder with agoraphobia so took my first one today.

So far i'm feeling pretty good actually. Not much of an upset tummy. I feel quite hyper with a good bit of energy. Was dancing around the kitchen ha.

My jaw is achy and I keep yawning which is ok too.

Re: lexapro diary :)

Lexapro really did change my life for the better. I had some side effects, trouble sleeping, etc but all passed within a few weeks. My ideal dose is 20 mg, took about 2 months to get up to that for me.

Good luck, hope you have a positive experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Lexapro really did change my life for the better. I had some side effects, trouble sleeping, etc but all passed within a few weeks. My ideal dose is 20 mg, took about 2 months to get up to that for me.

Good luck, hope you have a positive experience as well.
    thank you so much, hopefully it will have the same positive effects for me!

day 2 -

thinking back about yesterday I was unusually hyper and full of beans. wasn't a bad thing though! today I feel quite normal again, a little low and definitely some spikes of panic but it does seem to be a little more controlled. could just be a placebo effect as i know it takes atleast 2 weeks for effects to well...take effect. but anyways, small bit gassy due to tablets but GI seems fairly settled. don't feel tired or drowsy. muscles feel a little crampy, just wanting to stretch more. still yawning.

nothing too worrysome anyway.

hopefully tomorrow will be an even better day,

off to do a night shift,

wish me luck xx

edit: had a good nights sleep too.

Glad you are doing ok so far! Hope it goes well.

day 3 -

came off a night shift, so no sleep wasn't ideal, but absolutely no anxiety at work which was fantastic.

my mouth is so dry today, drinking loads and sucking on sweets to help. also have a sore throat, not sure if thats to do with the lexapro or not. probably so!

yawning and sore muscles not so much today!

still feeling a little down, but I've noticed my thinking is slower and i'm not thinking so anxiously which is great.

has anyone any remedies for the upset tummy associated with lexapro? just quite gassy is all!

I did have dry mouth in the beginning and some upset stomach, but I think it passed within a week or so. The longest lasting side effect I had was sleep issues, but it did finally settle down. Just took some time. I think I just tried to make sure I ate healthier, had a lot of fiber, and waited it out.

yeah I'm having a tendency to eat kind of unhealthy since my tummy is upset, just lots of bland things like cereal and toast...must eat more because I'm pretty small already, don't really want to lose weight!

day 4 -

so today I'm feeling quite lethargic and tired. found it hard to get out of bed and get up...spend the day on top of my bed just watching telly. have to go to work now in a min so hopefully that'll wake me up!

going to take lexapro at night and see if that helps the tiredness.

tummy isn't no upset today. yawning and muscle fatigue seems much better.

mood has been low enough today, but I'm finding when I'm sad I'm really sad but when I'm happy its almost elevated. i dunno, we shall see about that!

not that much anxiety today, just a few spikes.

i do have a sore throat but I'm not sure have i just picked something viral up - all my family have been feeling unwell too!

lets see how my anxiety is at work and ill update you tomorrow!

edit: im dong atleast 30 mins of mindfulness meditation everyday since I've started taking lexapro and that is really helping me to keep calm and to get myself into a positive mood.

I take mine at night because of that reason. I did have some insomnia though in the beginning but it's evened out now. Yoga also helped a lot!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information