Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General advice for everyone with heart worries.

Re: General advice for everyone with heart worries.

I have a bit of a quandry. I write on the NMP Forum, have done on and off for 3 years but only if I know a bit about a subject, had the same symptoms and can genuinely advise.
    Health Anxiety is one of the biggest issues that people with depression or anxiety worry about and I am no exception,but here comes the problem.
    I had a heart attack 9 months ago, straight out of the blue and I have to think very carefully when replying to someone with HA as I literally don't want to make their anxiety worse.
    I also think age comes into it and from looking around there seem to be more and more younger people afflicted with anxiety issues which vary from coping and still working to those who are practically housebound.It's a huge spectrum.
    So kindly bare that in mind, or if a question someone asks may set off a trigger in the response, I hopefully would consider it will be best not to answer unless specifically asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Like you I've had a heart attack and suffer anxiety.
    While the above is good general advice I can see it triggering those who don't think they're eating correctly.
    It doesn't worry me but there will be those that it will unfortunately.
    Just my two bobs worth.
    But isn't that the point of the post? Not eating right, smoking, drinking and other behaviors can be and are detrimental to one's health, can and do exasperate anxiety are totally in control of the individual as well as allowing it to be a trigger. If eating right can reduce palps and ectopics, then why not make positive changes?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    But isn't that the point of the post? Not eating right, smoking, drinking and other behaviors can be and are detrimental to one's health, can and do exasperate anxiety are totally in control of the individual as well as allowing it to be a trigger. If eating right can reduce palps and ectopics, then why not make positive changes?

Positive thoughts

One has to agree with this but can each individual have the attitude or more likely the willpower to make these changes.

I still believe to reduce anxiety to an acceptable level the only person that can do that, is yourself.

You may not be completely cured depending on your level of anxiety but your quality of life should improve to an acceptable level. It's not easy and as often said 2 steps forward, one back.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Anxious View Post
    Diet: Remove all processed food from your diet. This is the biggest one. No fried food, bread, fizzy drinks, caffeine, sweets, chocolate, alcohol, dairy (cheese, milk, yogurt, butter), red meat. Limit oil as much as possible, try to completely avoid it.
    I will say that one point about avoiding oil all together is actually not recommended. An oil like Olive Oil is good for the body. Fish oils and others high in omegas are beneficial for good heart health.

But yes, vegetable oils and those found in processed foods aren't good for you.

And you're right Ricardo, it's ultimately up to the individual. All the help in the world will do nothing unless a person acts on it and sometimes unfortunately, some cannot help themselves.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information