Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Re: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Better Watch Out (2016) ~Ashley travels to the suburban home of the Lerners to baby-sit their 12-year-old son Luke at Christmastime. She must soon defend herself and the young boy when unwelcome intruders announce their arrival.~ 5/10

BAD MOON (Ware-wolf Shudder Special) ~ Lawyer Janet Harrison (Mariel Hemingway) and her son (Mason Gamble) are terrorized by something in the woods after Janet’s estranged brother Ted (Michael Paré) comes back from a failed expedition in Nepal. As bodies begin to pile up, it’s the family dog Thor that takes all of the blame. 3/10

The Cleansing Hour (Shudder) ~Max and Drew are millennial entrepreneurs who’ve made themselves famous with a webcast they created called THE CLEANSING HOUR which streams live exorcisms. The catch? Each ceremony is elaborately staged to look real in order to dupe their global audience—until now, when today’s subject, Drew’s fiancée Lane is actually possessed by a demon~ 6/10

Scare Me (shudder - horror comedy) ~something of a stage-play on screen, really. It has a small cast of only four characters, with two of them being the bulk of the film. Fred (Ruben) and Fanny (Aya Cash) are strangers who run into each other whilst renting cabins in the middle of nowhere in order to both focus on writing projects.~6/10

Random Acts Of Violence (2019) ~Six friends hire a medium to hold a séance over Zoom during lockdown but get far more than they bargain for as things quickly go wrong. Host was shot remotely during quarantine and features practical scares, stunts, and surprises, all filmed by the actors in their own homes~ 4/10

The Howling (1981) ~After a bizarre and near deadly encounter with a serial killer, a television newswoman is sent to a remote mountain resort whose residents may not be what they seem.~8/10

Girl (2020 hulu) ~A young woman (Bella Thorne) returns to her hometown to exact revenge on her abusive father. She soon finds herself prey to a sinister sheriff (Mickey Rourke) when she uncovers a family legacy more disturbing than she'd imagined.~7/10

I have been on a nostalgia trip lately when it comes to movies.

I watched Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) It was ok, but I preferred the original.

I also watched a couple of other Eddie Murphy films, 48 Hrs. (1982) and Another 48 Hrs. (1990) a couple of weeks ago. LOVED THEM BOTH! Just as good as I remember them. Great chemistry between Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    The Howling (1981) ~After a bizarre and near deadly encounter with a serial killer, a television newswoman is sent to a remote mountain resort whose residents may not be what they seem.~8/10
    Loved that film, cutting edge special effects at the time along with 'An American Werewolf in London', equally good.

Watched 'The Elephant Man' recently. It always makes me blub, truly a film that demonstrates that beauty genuinely, is skin deep.

^^Very nice; @debs71 @fishman65

Drug War (2012) ~After he's taken into custody, a drug lord (Louis Koo) must help the police bust his former associates or else face the death penalty.~ 8/10

Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread Information