Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Re: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Psycho is fabulous
    Jurassic World didnt do it for me im afraid, far prefer the first film all those years back

Still havent watched Star Wars but want to Nor Spectre

Watched the modern Walter Mitty other day , very average 6/10, love the orginal Danny Kaye film

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    I am by no means an expert, and even after watching Cowspiracy, I still ate some Carne Asada enchiladas with cheese and sour cream yesterday...but be that as it may, the documentary was pretty thought-provoking. Have you watched it, Blinkyrocket?

The amount of water/land used to process dairy to fill the demand of the world's population is just unrealistic. And the amount of farm land we use to grow corn and soybeans to feed farm animals to produce our dairy and meat products is absurd. We could use that land to feed starving people, but we use it to feed animals. And the #1 reason we are destroying the rain forest is for agricultural farming.

I'm definitely a meat/dairy consumer, and I'm honestly not trying to argue or start a debate or anything....but the information from the Cowspiracy documentary completely floored me and I'm still processing it. And the fact that organizations like Green Peace aren't even addressing the issue is absolutely absurd...it really is like a conspiracy.

----

Pulp Fiction 8/10....my boyfriend couldn't believe I'd never seen this until two days ago.
    Psycho (1960s version) 9/10...HAHA! I got him back! My boyfriend had never seen Psycho! Now we're even!
    "to meet the demands of the world's population" being the key phrase. I'm not about to starve myself into delusions, confusion, and insomnia again. The problem is one of human population. What do you do when the deer are getting a little frisky? You hunt them. No one to hunt us, we're at the top of the food chain. I would think energy can't just go nowhere, if water is being used, it'll come out somewhere, it can't just disappear. Brb, gotta go take a wizz.

Oh well, scientists are now shouting "global cooling" doom since they've failed to explain why global warming isn't actually happening, so I haven't really decided to get into te climate fiasco which really just seems like a hoax. There are figures from the very first report of global warming that were provided by some German guy that showed some statistics fiddling and a true trend of slight global cooling. Once I read that I decided not to believe any of them or at least not to take their word for it, and to believe in the importance of CO2 no matter what temperature it is outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkyrocket View Post
    "to meet the demands of the world's population" being the key phrase. I'm not about to starve myself into delusions, confusion, and insomnia again. The problem is one of human population. What do you do when the deer are getting a little frisky? You hunt them. No one to hunt us, we're at the top of the food chain. I would think energy can't just go nowhere, if water is being used, it'll come out somewhere, it can't just disappear. Brb, gotta go take a wizz.

Oh well, scientists are now shouting "global cooling" doom since they've failed to explain why global warming isn't actually happening, so I haven't really decided to get into te climate fiasco which really just seems like a hoax. There are figures from the very first report of global warming that were provided by some German guy that showed some statistics fiddling and a true trend of slight global cooling. Once I read that I decided not to believe any of them or at least not to take their word for it, and to believe in the importance of CO2 no matter what temperature it is outside.
    I can tell you're very passionate about this issue, Blinky. I'm not going to argue with you, but I just wanted to throw it out there that the Cowsipracy documentary is worth a watch, if it sounds interesting to anyone on this forum. Even if you don't agree with it, it's still a well-made documentary.

Wreck It Ralph 9/10-- Really cute and creative. Just the right amount of adult and kid humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    I can tell you're very passionate about this issue, Blinky. I'm not going to argue with you, but I just wanted to throw it out there that the Cowsipracy documentary is worth a watch, if it sounds interesting to anyone on this forum. Even if you don't agree with it, it's still a well-made documentary.

Wreck It Ralph 9/10-- Really cute and creative. Just the right amount of adult and kid humor.
    I'm not passionate about it, I write paragraphs or speak lectures on everything that interests me a little bit. Apparently, that's an aspect of Asperger's syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkyrocket View Post
    I'm not passionate about it, I write paragraphs or speak lectures on everything that interests me a little bit. Apparently, that's an aspect of Asperger's syndrome.
    Hmmm...sounds like healthy expression of thought to me. I didn't realize that is part of Asperger's syndrome...interesting.

The Conjuring--8/10. Really good scary movie. I'm very picky about my scary movies. I don't like gore, stupidity, and big boobs being flashed around for no reason ::eye roll::. This was a solid, scary movie, supposedly based off of true events. I grabbed my boyfriend's arm a lot while watching this. It was fun! Typically girl behavior, haha.

Oblivion - 8/10.

I worked out it was some form of off world intelligence controlled Cruise and the "Scavs" (sounds like some people around my way ) were really the humans/good guys so they were being used against them under a lie and the woman on the computer was fake. I can't say I expected the clone scenario. Given "52" turned up at the end and shacked up with the original astronauts wife she may be in for quite a few husbands turning up in future years

Dark Skies. It was brilliant. It was the first horror I've seen in years that has literally made me scream. 9/10.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

The wife and I were browsing for a movie and there was one called "The Voices" that was described as a "dark comedy" about a guy who gets revenge on a woman who stood him up with the help of his talking dog and cat. Well... It was all dark, creepy as heck and not funny in the least. Still... not a bad movie in that it painted a vivid picture of severe psychosis that manifested into hallucinations. 6.5 out of 10

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 24-01-16 at 18:37.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I went to see The Hateful Eight recently. I would give it a 9/10. It's 3 hours long and I wasn't bored or wishing for it to be over at any point. These days I am finding that I am just hanging in there waiting for the credits to roll on most films I see. It is a bit bloody however. That is typical of Tarantino I suppose.

Lobster is also really excellent by the way. Another 9/10.

I am hoping to go and see The Revenant soon. And Room. Has anyone seen either?

I watched Creed and thought that was very good... but there is a Liverpool link, so that probably swayed me.

I watched The Revenant and didn't like it. Didn't understand it. Watched about 20 mins and turned it off. Even Tom Hardy wasn't doing it for me.

Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread Information