Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Re: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

I watched Ex Machina again recently - 9/10
    It's very thought provoking but not a film to casually watch in the background.

Schlinder's List - 10/10.

A classic movie, very moving especially at the end with the remaining survivors from the film.

They didn't hold back much, so atrocities were depicted. Obviously, there is more in those times from other stories with the gas chambers, rapes, etc.

It's terrible to know this happened and that even worse happened. Obviously, history is full if such things & worse but with it being closer to our time you can relate more closely to it.

Very moving.

Big Trouble In Little China. 8/10.

A classic by Carpenter. I think it was the first movie I ever saw outside the cinema.

---------- Post added at 05:28 ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 ----------

Interstellar 6/10.

I can't see what all the hype was about it. Bog standard sci-fi really. And whilst it was a good touch about his daughter's ghost being him after he passed info The black hole, they never explained how he got out of it, how he was touching a member of the crew through the shuttle window (and why she did the same back without mentioning it was him) and who were these "others" that he still seemed to believe in whilst inside the black hole (per the robot's statements about them).

The Wolf Of Wall Street - 8/10.

God, I knew I should have been a stockbroker! I bet they had some fun with the sex scenes.

---------- Post added at 05:13 ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 ----------

Lone Survivor - 8/10.

I loved how the village stood up to the Taliban fighters. I was hoping the villagers wouldn't get slaughtered by the US troops in the rescue since they wouldn't know who was who and thankfully they didn't! Really nice to see the real men at the end in the photos and how the survivor returned to thank them for saving his life.

The world needs more courageous people like them. They knew they would face severe retribution and they had women & children to protect everyday from scumbags who would do what they wanted at the best of times.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 09-09-16 at 10:26. Reason: Typos

I really want to see Eddie The Eagle. Has anyone seen it and what did you think?

Yes, I have Mermaid.

'Eddie The Eagle' 3/10

Sorry, it was very poor :(

Bad Moms at the cinema and I'd 9/10 as it was freakin hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Yes, I have Mermaid.

'Eddie The Eagle' 3/10

Sorry, it was very poor :(
    Carnation, you and I must have very different taste in Movies. I really enjoyed it. I would give it a 7 out of 10. I think I liked the moral of the story 'never give up on your dreams'.

I really want to see 'The Jungle Book' the new one. My kids have already seen it, but I might watch it on my own. I have heard it is very, very good.

We seem to be a bit behind the times here in Australia, I think movies come out in America and we don't get them until months later

I saw the Jungle Book with Emma it was great. 10/10

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

I haven't seen Eddie the Eagle but it looks good
    Last edited by dale12345; 11-09-16 at 00:07.

Ace ventura 10/10 for me

Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread Information