Page 28 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Re: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Thief (1981) by Michael Mann
    Absolutely one of the greatest action-thrillers of the 80s and in my opinion the third best film Mann ever did, right up there along with Heat (1995) and Manhunter (1986).
    James Caan comes off as a total badass here but the one that impressed me the most were Robert Prosky (in one of his earliest roles), who even though his part is not that big, still maintained a huge impression.
    A bit "shocking" as I always have seen him in more cozy and family friendly roles, but seeing him here as the mobster boss Leo, changed all that.
    His speech towards Caan's character Frank is truly menacing but without having to go all Joe Pesci with the whole uncontrolled swearing and cliche ridden macho bullshit, no this is one frightening character that you surely don't want to have anything to do with.
    9/10

Groundhog Day (1993) by Harold Ramis
    I know, 7 days too early but it is just one of these rare films that I can gladly see over and over again, and I might just end up catching it next week also, as it ranks high among the list of my favorites movies.
    Brilliant blend of comedy, romance and a bit drama and for me the finest hour of Bill Murray.
    So many great lines and moments, but the funniest are often those that I did not take notice of the first time I saw it. Like when Phil is having his 2nd Groundhog Day and are preparing to give a grand introduction to the towns little, furry, weatherman, and as they knock on his wooden door, Phil suddenly turns around in shock while Rita burst out "Its a riot" as he still cannot believe his eyes or ears.

Another one that I always love is in the beginning of the hilarious bar scene where Rita says: "So what should we drink to?" and Phil says "To the Groundhog!" while Rita not to impressed says "I always drink to world peace."
    10/10
    Last edited by TinyDemons; 26-01-17 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyDemons View Post
    Groundhog Day (1993) by Harold Ramis
    I know, 7 days too early but it is just one of these rare films that I can gladly see over and over again, and I might just end up catching it next week also, as it ranks high among the list of my favorites movies.
    Brilliant blend of comedy, romance and a bit drama and for me the finest hour of Bill Murray.
    So many great lines and moments, but the funniest are often those that I did not take notice of the first time I saw it. Like when Phil is having his 2nd Groundhog Day and are preparing to give a grand introduction to the towns little, furry, weatherman, and as they knock on his wooden door, Phil suddenly turns around in shock while Rita burst out "Its a riot" as he still cannot believe his eyes or ears.

Another one that I always love is in the beginning of the hilarious bar scene where Rita says: "So what should we drink to?" and Phil says "To the Groundhog!" while Rita not to impressed says "I always drink to world peace."
    10/10
    Cracking film, always loved it.

I can sympathise as living with anxiety is very similar, like the stages he goes through, but we don't get to punch the insurance salesman

"The Giver"... I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. A few things get lost here and there but overall I'd give it an 7.5 out of 10.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang

I was bedridden with the snots and general lurgy over the weekend and this was all that was on TV. I have an admiration for Emma Thompson and the paracetamols were kicking in so I thought what the heck, I'll watch it.

I loved the way her warts cleared up when the brats behaved themselves and the way she banged her stick to get them to shut the hell up. This combined with her flatulent raven, Mr Edelweiss, what's not to love?

Nice movie which I will give 8/10

La La Land
    Can't believe all the hype about this film.
    Wasn't impressed at all. 5/10

Hacksaw Ridge at cinema today 10/10. Incredible

"Mr Church" Eddie Murphy.... Awesome! Highly recommended. 9 out of 10

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Disney's 1937, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. 10/10

Recently saw John Cleese on tour with the first part of the show being the Holy Grail on the big screen. Have seen the movie too many times to remember, but it was the first time for me on the big screen with a couple of thousand people. Pretty great experience. 9/10, as it tapers off a bit for me at the end.

Always discuss medical concerns with your Dr.

Page 28 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread Information