Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Re: What movie have you just watched (and rate it /10)

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Pride (2014)

No idea why it's taken me so long to watch this film but it's a 10/10 for me!

Set in 1984/85, a group of gay and lesbian activists raise money to help the families affected by the Miner's strike..

Opposition. Prejudice. Bigotry. These are a cert for a film of this era. But love wins through, and what's more, this film is based on a true story and I was in bits by the end of it..

"WHERE ARE MY LESBIAN'S?" (my quote of the film)

This film also stars the very talented, and autistic, Paddy Considine. (just to bust the myth that Auties can't act)
    Hi Nora ...

Wow .. I've spend the much of the morning (first) trying to find a way to watch this without a VPN, but, sadly, its not avail in my geo on netflix :(

But I'm so glad I was (at least) able to read about it on 2 good sites and watch several clips on YT.

https://talkfilmsociety.com/columns/...ide-pride-2014
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...rike-interview

Thanks so much for posting this movie - I wish I could watch it. I'm jealous and this movie is so fascinating and truly made my day!

Have a good one.

~Sal

Dreamcatcher (2021 hulu) ~The film centers on two estranged sisters who, along with their friends, become entrenched in a 48 hour whirlwind of violence after a traumatic experience at an underground music festival.~ 4/10

Case 39 (Netflix 2009) ~A naïve social worker brings a 10-year-old child into her home to rescue the girl from abusive parents -- only to learn that she isn't what she seems.~7/10

Fright Night (2011 Remake) ~2011 American horror film directed by Craig Gillespie and produced by Michael De Luca and Alison Rosenzweig. A remake of Tom Holland's Fright Night (1985), the film's screenplay was adapted by Marti Noxon. The plot follows a teenage boy who discovers that his neighbor is actually a vampire, which culminates in a battle between the two. The film held its world premiere at The O2 in London on August 14, 2011~ 9/10

A Quiet Place II ~Following the deadly events at home, the Abbott family must now face the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they quickly realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path.~10/10

Aftermath (netflix) ~Desperate to save their marriage, a young couple takes a deal and moves into their dream home, but disturbing events reveal the house's troubled history.~8/10

Pumpkinhead (1988) ~After a tragic accident, a man conjures up a towering, vengeful demon called Pumpkinhead to destroy a group of unsuspecting teenagers.~ (Quite enjoyed the classic - 10/10

Nightmare Shark (SyFi) ~A group of shark attack survivors who having been plagued by shark-related nightmares, agree to take part in an experimental drug trial. Little do they know, the drug trial is part of a plot to bring the supernatural shark back to life. 4/10

Now, watching: Ouija

The Scarehouse (2014) ~Two years after a tragic accident, six college girls are invited to a party inside an elaborate Halloween funhouse. Once inside, the girls realize their hosts' intentions are not all fun and games.~6/10

The Wolfpack (Documentary - Dan Martensen/Magnolia Pictures) ~Confined to a cramped New York apartment for their entire lives, The Wolfpack follows six brothers whose only connection to the outside world were the films their father brought home for them to watch. Cut off from the city outside their front door, the brothers escape their stifling environment by re-enacting scenes from their favorite films with painstaking detail. But when one of the brothers defies their father's strict instructions to remain inside, the brothers' world slowly starts to open up in front of them~10/10

Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread Information