Thread: moving to another country on my own...tips & advice?

moving to another country on my own...tips & advice?

hello all

in january I'm moving from ireland to the uk to pursue a masters in mental health nursing. i was SUPER excited until the last few weeks and now anxiety has crept in and my main anxious thought is how I will cope with my anxiety in another country on my own.

does anyone have any tips or advice which may make me feel better/more supported?

cheers

Re: moving to another country on my own...tips & advice?

Ah that sounds like a cool course. I'd love to be doing that. I thought about doing a diploma in mental health care some years back which would have involved going to uni.

Ironically though I ended up living in student land for a few years, the postcodes and actual accommodation where students going to that uni stayed. With that and listening to people online I'd say really think about a living arrangement that suits and helps you based on how well you mix etc

I've been to college for a number of years and always found some people on my course who I've liked. I'm sure you will too and you'll be off and running with a bit of friendship and emotional support, especially on a course like that one where I'd imagine you'd have a lot of empathic, emotionally mature people who'll make good friends.

If you can get your living arrangements to suit you too I think you'll have a great time once you're over the anticipatory anxiety and see that the reality is actually really friendly and enjoyable.

Thread Information