Thread: Massive fear for my partner...can't cope anymore

Massive fear for my partner...can't cope anymore

so after having a great day yesterday I now feel like I'm back to square one with horrible HA again, but this time about my partner.
    basically for the last 48 hours he's not been feeling well at all. for a few weeks he's been complaining of lower back pain, but he drives for a living so thinks it could be related to that. for the past few days though he has been feeling not himself at all, he's had a bad stomach and loss of appetite and just feels generally really achey and sore. He's shattered and also has a really bad headache. He's normally one to just brush off any sort of 'man flu' symptoms but he just doesn't seem himself at all at the moment and its driving my HA up the wall.

I'm sure it could just be that he's really run down and tired, but my HA is eating me alive and I'm convincing myself he's got something serious, terminal, all these horrible stories of people feeling ill for a few days and then finding out they've got terminal cancer. He's 26 and usually fit and healthy.

I feel totally lost and broken, I just don't know how to escape this worry and how to think rationally about things. I keep thinking about the thought of losing him and its completely destroying me. really hope someone can offer me some reassurance :(

Re: Massive fear for my partner...can't cope anymore

Hi really sorry you are feeling so anxious, its not unusual to worry about some one we love when there ill, you need to ask him does he need to see a Dr or just go to his local chemist and see what they say, has he taken anything for it like OTC meds.
    As you know we are not capable of diagnosing him, he needs to go to see someone.
    At 26 and normally healthy the chances are he has a cold.
    The symptoms below are typical of the cold/flu.
    I hope he feels better soon and you.

a sudden fever – a temperature of 38C
    a dry, chesty cough.
    a headache.
    tiredness and weakness.
    chills
    aching muscles
    limb or joint pain.
    diarrhoea or abdominal (tummy) pain.
    Last edited by AlexandriaUK; 21-10-15 at 11:16. Reason: spelling

Thanks AlexandriaUK, yeah he's got a doctors appointment on Friday for something else so I'm going to make sure they check him over then. I'm hoping its just flu like but being health anxious my mind is just going AWAL and telling me all sorts of things.
    Fingers crossed he gets better soon

Hi,
    I wouldn't have thought the lower back pain is related to the other symptoms. My hubby has back pain constantly from work - he has got arthritis now and has had a couple of ops. The other symptoms just sound like he's run down or coming down with a viral infection. I wouldn't worry too much - ibuprofen and paracetamol will banish the aches and pains, get him to drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest. If he is still bad in a week, then make a docs appointment. x

Thread Information