Thread: "Firm" Lump in Neck

Arrow "Firm" Lump in Neck

So I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

When I was 17 (6 years ago) I felt a small lump in my neck, I didn't think much of it. I had my gf at the time's parents take a look at it. Both of them are doctors and they both said it was a lipoma and I shouldnt worry at all. I forget why but I also had a dermatologist also look at it and he said it was just a cyst and I could have it removed but it wasn't necessary. It has never grown/changed so I moved on with my life.

Throughout the years the I've had many Dr's feel it and call it many things (cyst, lipoma, lymph node, ect...) with the same conclusion that it doesnt seem dangerous. Bleh. I recently brought it up to my new primary care Dr and he said for my peace of mind he would order me an ultrasound, he also described it as firm and not very movable. My anxiety over this is at an all time high now.

Also brought up a bump in my abdomen that has been around for 4 years, the Doc is pretty confident that it is connective tissue and isnt worried about it in the slightest (also having an ultrasound on that too).

I'm 23 and am scared as shit that I have some form of slow growing cancer that I've been neglecting for years. Help!

Re: "Firm" Lump in Neck

I have a benign lymph node in my neck, it's not very movable, it's been there for about 5 years, more prominent when I move my head to the left and stretch my neck.
    Mine hasn't grown in 5 years.
    Xx

Well I'm in the same boat as you, except I just found a new small moveable lump in my collar bone and I've been losing sleep and not eating. I'm so scared .

Cancer in an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts. You would not be with us if it were untreated cancer after that many years.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have a very hard lymph node, super small in my neck. My doc said I have a shotty node. It happens and they can stay that way forever.

Not uncommon.

I guess if there was anything sinister, it would show up after 6 years. I wish my swollen lymph nodes can just be there for six years, and I don't need to worry about them. So what's your. Ultrasound result? I hope that will reassure you.

UPDATE #1

Had the ultrasound. Techs weren't able to find the bump in my abdomen with the ultrasound, I'm taking that as good news. With the thing on my neck they found quickly, currently waiting for results and I am surprising calm about this whole thing.

Thread Information