Thread: does anyone actually know how to stop worrying?

does anyone actually know how to stop worrying?

So I am seriously feeling down today and am becoming so fed up of being a constant worrier. I cannot stop worrying about my partner, he has chronic back and neck pain with headaches and nausea which has been going on nearly 3 days and all I can think of is the worst possible outcomes as usual.

People keep saying to me 'stop worrying', but how is that even possible? This will probably sound ludicrous but over the past 48 hours I have truly accepted the fact that I'm going to loose him when they discover he has a terminal illness, and have thought in depth about spending my life without him and what steps I will have to take to regain my life after I lose him. I really do not know how to stop these trains of thought, but every time someone close to me becomes ill, I always presume I'm going to lose them and just think of their funeral and my future without them etc.

I'm really struggling today and I just can't get these viscous thoughts out of my head of losing my partner has anyone got any advice?

Re: does anyone actually know how to stop worrying?

Re: does anyone actually know how to stop worrying?

He needs to see a doctor if he hasn't already. It's probably a virus or migraine even. If you keep this up you are going to make yourself ill. Just say to yourself that this is just one illness and he will overcome it. At this time of year there are bugs in the air and next month you might have a flu virus even. Are you going to worry about that also. Throughout your life time you are both going to catch viruses of some kind or pick up a bug, it's a fact of life. If you are the healthy one at the moment he needs you to be strong just like when you are ill he will need to be strong. Start thinking positively, this is a temporary set back but things will be back to normal soon.

Thread Information