Thread: Tense, Shaking and unable to relax - Anxiety symptoms?

Tense, Shaking and unable to relax - Anxiety symptoms?

Been under a lot of stress recently and been feeling all sorts of different emotions, angry,upset, confused and worried. But the last few days my body has felt strange, I feel really tensed up but the main thing I am worried about is shaking, it is very mild, I mean no on else would notice it but I can.

For example I will be sitting at my work desk with my arms leaning on the table and my fingers will slightly shake, then my fingers will feel heavy. Is this something to worry about? I just cannot seem to relax my body or my brain, just keep thinking about the stuff that is stressing me out and thinking this slight shaking is an illness. It is not 24/7 shakes, yesterday I was out with a mate and did not notice anything.

Re: Tense, Shaking and unable to relax - Anxiety symptoms?

Yeah, its very common with anxiety. Adrenaline causes shaking, especially in the extremities. You can also feel like you are shaking bit it's an internal buzzing which one person on here, RoseEve, very aptly named the "buzzing bees". I've had this buzzing as a main symptom all the way from the start of my GAD and it pretty much always goes when I get up and do something but can be there if I am sitting or lying, but mostly sitting.

If you were leaning with you elbows or on some parts of your arm it can also be a bit of weakness, lactic acid buildup (muscles being worked) or even pressing on a nerve that can cause some shaking.

Thread Information