Thread: help-food stuck in my throat

help-food stuck in my throat

sorry if this has already been posted-i'm new to this site and a bit panicky and would like some guidance

I was eating tortilla chips yesterday and I believe a tiny bit got stuck in my throat. Its been 24 hours and the feeling is still there and I'm really freaked out about it. I've been googling it for hours and I've tried everything to try and dislodge it other than making myself sick (this terrifies me) and going to the doctor. I'm terrified that it's going to ruin my throat or make me choke in the middle of the night and I have no idea what to do. I feel like it should have dissolved by now but I can still feel it.

Any advice?

Re: help-food stuck in my throat

Hi. Do you think that it is actually something stuck or could you just of scratched your throat with one of the sharp corners. Just a thought. I'm sure it would of softened by now too which would of made it easy to swallow. I think in a couple of days it may subside. I hope it does for you.

Re: help-food stuck in my throat

I see this is a few weeks ago so I assume you are ok now? Sounds like you have globus hystericus, hope you were able to get to a doctor that could refer you to someone who can help. Good luck with it. I haven't eaten a corn chip in 18 years....

Thread Information