Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help! seriously concerned!

help! seriously concerned!

I'm very concerned because my dr says I have piles (ive been bleeding on and off since 2013) . My problem is most of the time the blood is bright red like it should be but occasionally the blood will be dark red... im scared for my life but my doctor said that its okay as long as I dont see tar like black stools. But I thought that dark red means that there could be something seriously wrong. I do get black specs on my stools and on my toilet paper (sorry for being gross) but they are solid black bits so they cant be blood and ive read others who get this who are fine so thats not worrying me. Should I be concerned? I noticed dark red blood over a month ago but I can't say I havent always had it. Help please

Re: help! seriously concerned!

Hi I have the same problem strange enough. I think we'll be ok aslong as we are seeing bright blood and not black tarr Im sure we'll be fine. Im near certain its just dried blood. Dont worry please, I know how horrible it is to worry about this sort of thing.

You don't say how old you are or if you've any family history of inflammatory bowel disease. I'm sure your GP has ruled out any red flag signs, that's the first thing they'd do. How about concentrating on easing the symptoms to see if that changes things? Smother your bottom in vaseline before you "go" to try and avoid bleeding and see if it helps. Or fast for a day to let things heal up a bit?

I'm 18 and I don't think I do have family history of this, at least not close family history. And yeah I think Il just leave it alone and wait it out, if I'm still OK by Christmas I guess I'm okay.

Good plan!

Hi,
    Diet and alcohol have a lot to do with this. Cut back on the drink and see if it makes a difference, and also make sure you keep your diet healthy so you're not constipated .

I cannot see how Vaseline can stop you from bleeding - if the piles are internal then it's not gonna do a thing lol. Dark red is fine. Black tar is not. I know how scary this can be - there is nothing worse than turning round to put your paper down the loo to see a pan full of blood, especially if there was no pain. Ask your doc to refer you for a sigmoidoscopy to put your mind at rest x

It sounds to me like its pretty normal -

It helped me when prozac made every toilet trip a misery. And you get a "luxury wipe."

Same advice as pepperpot. I started drinking glass of prune juice in the morning sounds gross but actually quite nice. Use cream and pessaries especially made for piles(I should have shares with whoever makes anusol) Had your symptoms on and off for 15 years and I'm still here to tell the tale! But if you're really concerned ask to be referred for the camera thing like pepperpot says

Thank you! And I suppose if its internal then the blood can be dark red.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Jay you've had darker blood before?

Yes try not to worry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information