Thread: Starting Cymbalta?

Starting Cymbalta?

Good morning,

My doctor has prescribed Cymbalta for what we believe is anxiety related muscle pain (and anxiety, of course). I am a bit skeptical with anti-depressants in general. I was on Prozac about a year ago, and it made my anxiety unbearable, especially at the beginning....and coming off of it was a complete nightmare.

I have read that Cymbalta will make anxiety worse at first again....I am concerned as I have some pretty large engagements coming up in the next couple months. Also, my husband and I are also going to start trying to have a baby within the next year, so I know I will have to wean myself off again. The doctor believed it would be better to go on it for 3 or 4 months to get over this anxiety "hurdle".

Does anyone have any experience with this? I do take a benzo daily at this point....I would imagine I need to stay on this and taper it as the Cymbalta would kick in? I was not offered much information regarding the medicine, and I'm just not a huge fan of medications in general.

Thank you

Re: Starting Cymbalta?

Is it an SSRI then darl? I find they make me totally panic ridden at first but I took Citalopram all through my pregnancy so I don't know why you would have to come off once on it. My son was totally fine and all I couldn't do was breast feed him. Good luck getting well and trying for your little bundle of joy xxx

Thread Information