Thread: Fluoxetine interactions?

Fluoxetine interactions?

Hi guys, I havent posted in a while because for the last few months it seems like the fluoxetine had almost completely gotten my OCD under control. However I had a tummy bug that started about a week ago and I was throwing up a little, on top of that I have been put on a three day course of trimethoprim, the last day being today and I've been very sick on them. What I wondered was, has anyone had the effects of fluoxetine effectively stopped through taking antibiotics? I also wondered if being sick before then with this bug may have also been an issue? It honestly feels like I've been going through withdrawal from fluoxetine the last few days, severe nausea, shakiness, severe anxiety etc, could this be an effect of throwing up for a week or so and these antibiotics? My doctor said he couldn't find any record of there being an interaction between the two but it seems strange that I've been great for months and as soon as I am Ill and start antibiotics I feel as bad as I did before I started taking them!
    I would REALLY appreciate any responses or advice.

Re: Fluoxetine interactions?

I was wondering the same thing I've just started back on my fluoxoteine and have been taking bechams capsules to try and eliminate any flu or bug ridden effects but it's hard to tell at the moment I would phone your local pharmacy and ask

Thread Information