Thread: ALS fear just won't go away at all...brutal.

ALS fear just won't go away at all...brutal.

Having an absolutely terrible day. My whole left side feels off still and it feels like my knee is twisting and causing my whole leg to drag. I really am convinced I have ALS and this is the start of it. Doesn't seem like anyone else has ever had this happen and I am starting to think that this can't be anxiety. I haven't tripped it's all just what it feels like. I am asking people at work if I am limping.

Re: ALS fear just won't go away at all...brutal.

Try not to worry I'm sure it's all anxiety. When I first started with anxiety I found it hard to move one of my arms and the more I thought about it the worse it was. The Dr said it was just tension and as soon as I accepted that it started to get better. Hope someone else can offer reassurance for you too x

Quote Originally Posted by rbren5 View Post
    Doesn't seem like anyone else has ever had this happen and I am starting to think that this can't be anxiety.
    Wrong! I'm there now and have been for months.

My anxiety has always been controllable until this started about 3-4 months ago. I also have fasciculations (twitches).

What can be said? My thoughts are with you. It's not even something that can be disproved with a test. You just need to deal with the underlying anxiety first, and see what happens.

Also want to say that ALS is a HUGE reason for my HA.

I've lurked around on enough anxiety/hypochrondia forums to know that ALS is also a huge fear for many people struggling with HA.

It's brutal. I always had HA but it's something about these neuro nasty diseases that has crippled me. Being hyper aware of my left leg makes the symptoms feel all real. Truly is bizarre and scary and literally is quite lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by rbren5 View Post
    It's brutal. I always had HA but it's something about these neuro nasty diseases that has crippled me. Being hyper aware of my left leg makes the symptoms feel all real. Truly is bizarre and scary and literally is quite lonely.
    Definitely. As I said, nothing hit me quite like this has. When I decided to finally get help last week and go to the doctors for some tablets, I nearly cried explaining how I lost the previous 3 months to this. Usually I'm extremely outgoing, social and no one would notice I had any mental health problems but this episode took that away from me.

Still, things are improving now. I urge you to seek out some help for this, because it won't just go away.

Started back up seeing my therapist last night. I have a long road ahead overcoming this HA fear plus on top of it, I have had obsessive compulsive disorder since I was 12. The combo is not ideal.

Thread Information