Hello, everyone. I hope it's okay that I'm posting this question to this forum, even though it's not exactly concerning emetophobia, but I find that it's closely related as my two big fears are closely related.
Basically, aside from a huge fear of throwing up I also have a big fear of pooping myself. I'm usually okay at home, but commuting often worries me. Especially if my stomach is acting up before I go.
I started college in late September (I commute there for about an hour) and I had 2 cases of early Monday morning diarrhea. I have to wake up at 5am every Monday and the first two times I happened to have a bit of diarrhea within an hour of getting up. The first time there were no hints about anything like that happening until I visited the toilette before leaving the house, the second time I had a bit of stomach pain while I was getting ready (but only the kind that tells you that you'll need to poop in foreseeable future). Then the following two Mondays nothing happened and this week the exact same thing. I was feeling fine the whole time I was getting ready, but near the time I knew I was going to visit the bathroom, I knew I had to "go" quite urgently. And once again it ended up being very watery and of course scary. Just like during the two previous incidents I took some anti diarrhea meds (because if I have to spend 45 minutes on a bus I wanna be damn sure I don't need to poop). And while the commute to school was still a bit uncomfortable and scary, I've been feeling fine ever since.
But my question is, whether this is normal and whether there is something I can do about this. It's only been happening on those early Monday mornings and it's always just this one set of really loose BM (though I've always taken the medicine so I don't know how it would continue without it). I would say that it's psychical, but I don't find myself particularly anxious or stressed about school that day. The diarrhea thing is the only thing that stresses me out. Especially since I can't be sure whether it's just something that happens once or whether it's start of something worse. Has this happened to any of you? Is it just my body not reacting well to being up at such an early hour? But most importantly, is there anything I can do to stop this? I can't remember what was different about those 2 time when I didn't end up having diarrhea (aside from the fact that I was on my period one of those Mondays, but I would expect that to make things worse) so I really don't know what could've affected it.