Thread: OCD about my boyfriend being attracted to my friends

OCD about my boyfriend being attracted to my friends

Hi, i'm a mom of one in my twenties and I have OCD just generally about anything... I worry about my health excessively and have done for the past few years, I've obsessed over lots of different things like being paranoid people don't like me to being scared my house would set on fire and constantly checking the gasses/plugs etc normal things people with OCD do. Since having my first child as a single mom I have not wanted to have a relationship with anyone as I felt very insecure about myself, my body is not the same as it used to be since giving birth and i've just felt generally a lot less attractive. I eventually have found someone who seems like a good guy, I find it hard to trust him because I've been cheated on in the past. I feel like since I first knew him I have been looking for him to slip up and analysing everything he says and does. Before he knew me he knew my close friend, they have no history and only knew each other to say hello to, she is very attractive and gets a lot of male attention, he has asked a couple of questions about her and her love life and he gave her a 'friendly' hug once in a club when i wasn't there. As this is a new relationship i dont know if he is just a flirty person or if there is more to it. I am paranoid that they have been speaking behind my back and like each other. I have been good friends with her for over ten years and would never thought this would happen before but I have a funny feeling now... Is this cause for concern or just paranoia?

Re: OCD about my boyfriend being attracted to my friends

Hey,
    I think it's just paranoia. You're looking too much into things. If he wanted to be with her, he would leave you, but it's you he wants. X

Re: OCD about my boyfriend being attracted to my friends

Whilst this is a new relationship so it can be hard to really know, you do know what your friend is like. Even IF he did attempt to do something, how would your friend react? Surely she would be on your side, give him a piece of her mind and tell you? So, regardless of the things you are likely misconceiving due to anxiety, isn't there a safety net there you can try to rationalise with?

I don't think he would be asking questions about her love life of you or from anyone who would get it back to you if he was intending to do something.

Like you say, you are looking for him to slip up, you've been badly treated in the past and your friend is very attractive & gets lots of male attention. Those can all add up to a bigger incorrect picture if you let them.

Thread Information