Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting at very reduced dose

Re: Starting at very reduced dose

Day 8 now. I'm not noticing much of a benefit from the buspar yet, but it's still early days. And I've only been taking the full dose for a few days.

My doctor gave me a prescription for beta blockers to take in place of Xanax, so I'll see how that goes tomorrow. I'm excited to find a possible replacement for Xanax. I take it about .5mg 3 to 4 times per week now, and I'm tired of being reliant on it.

Day 9. Day 4 on full dose. Took 30mg beta blockers for morning anxiety and it did help a lot.

Day 6 on full dose. Today was decent. I was a little anxious at points but only needed 10mg beta blockers early on. Let's see if it lasts.

Day 7 full dose. Was feeling pretty good early on. Went to the mall and felt a bit overwhelmed by all the crowds. Had a small panic episode in a crowded store. Even though it only lasted a couple seconds, it still kind of threw me. Took 20mg beta blockers this evening. Just feeling kind of down tonight. Although it is most likely due to pms and argument with bofriend. I just want to have one fully good day. It's been so long since I've been able to feel truly carefree.

Not sure what to say about buspar, to be honest. I've given in and started Prozac (have posted in that thread also if anyone is interested). I'm taking roughly 37.5mg sert and 5mg Prozac right now. So far not too bad. Still taking 7.5mg buspar 3X per day. Beta blockers help some, although I've taken a couple Xanax also. I am a walking pharmacy now. I'll have to se how it goes.

Well, today marks two weeks on full dose. I've had a couple decent days recently. I'm not sure if it's the buspar or my general attitude. I'm on 10mg Prozac now and 25mg Sert. So far no ill side effects. Fingers crossed this all continues smoothly.

No changes in dosages. I've been feeling a little better overall lately. Still anxious at times, but it's better. I'm still a little sweaty in the mornings and get occasional hot flash-type symptoms throughout the day. My plan is to up my dose of Fluox on Friday to 15mg and see how that goes.

I've increased the Fluox last night.

I feel like the Buspar must be doing something, because my anxiety has been less than it was before I started it.

I've completed week 3 on Buspar full dose. It must be helping somewhat, because I think it's too early to be feeling the effects of Fluox, and I've definitely been noticing that I am less anxious in general. I still have anxious episodes to be sure, but I haven't taken Xanax in over a week, and I'm not having the insane morning anxiety that I was having.

I just started buspar...not sure if it's working or not. I seem to have flashes of calm which is better than nothing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information