Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seroxat withdrawal

Seroxat withdrawal

Hi, Has anyone managed to eventually come off Seroxat successfully? The longest I have been able to go until finally having to go back on it due to severe withdrawal symptoms was 5 months. Is there ever an end? I have one daughter's wedding this year and the other daughter's wedding next year so don't know when would be safe to start trying again. I am on the liquid version. Thanks for sharing any experiences of Seroxat withdrawal. Did anyone get severe shaking of limbs and jaw, burning muscles, feeling like asthma (wanting to cough all the time), waves of adrenaline, freezing cold and white hands - need hot water bottle and four blankets, can't stop crying? Brandy Snap xx

Hi, I have managed to come off Seroxat ! after taking it for 8 yrs how long have you been on it and how have you tapered?

Hi Brandy,
    We spoke before, though on a very different topic-cleaning products! Sorry to hear you're suffering such bad withdrawal symptoms. I came down from Seroxat 60 to 0 by taking 20mg less a fortnight, after taking it for seven years, because my doc wanted to put me on Cymbalta. I had no physical side effects which I believe is incredibly lucky, although I was feeling so bad with anxiety anyhow, I wouldn't have noticed any difference mentally.
    Take Care,
    Sarah

Seroxat supposed to be really bad isnt it? Im surprised they gave it to you so young its great uv come off it tho

matt x

Re: Seroxat withdrawal

Hi Sarah,

I didn't make it very clear sorry - I'm not having withdrawal now - I was talking about how I felt when I went five months without taking it. My doctor put me back on it as I was feeling so dreadful, but I was wondering if the withdrawal would ever have an end and I would eventually have got better with no medication? I can't just take big chunks out of my life in which to have withdrawal - can't stand the thought of going through all that again. Thanks for replying. Brandy Snap xx

P.S. I reduced very slowly by degrees.

Squirrell, I was first put on Seroxat in 1997. Brandy xx

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy snap View Post
    Hi, Has anyone managed to eventually come off Seroxat successfully? The longest I have been able to go until finally having to go back on it due to severe withdrawal symptoms was 5 months. Is there ever an end? I have one daughter's wedding this year and the other daughter's wedding next year so don't know when would be safe to start trying again. I am on the liquid version. Thanks for sharing any experiences of Seroxat withdrawal. Did anyone get severe shaking of limbs and jaw, burning muscles, feeling like asthma (wanting to cough all the time), waves of adrenaline, freezing cold and white hands - need hot water bottle and four blankets, can't stop crying? Brandy Snap xx
    OMG im not on my own i came off seroxat 2 weeks ago i feel like s**t
    ask my doctor can i go back on then he said NO go cold turkey easy for him to say

last night i was crying just came on i also was sick and still have a bad tummy also with pain in my legs i feel so bad my heart is skiping all the time

glad i came across this forum

the truth is i feel i want to die i was great when i was on them started with 20 down to 10 and now 0 started 5 years ago

Dave not my real name sorry

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Hiya,
    I have been on seroxat for over 2 years. I am also on the liquid version. I was started on a small dose which gradually increased to the highest as I had a lot of personal issues which was making my mental health state worse. I kept going to the docs but she blamed the events in my life for making me feel suicidal. If I never took it the next day at the same time I would get side affects. But you have to remember, everyone is different. You have to be so careful with it. I thought it was safe and I went cold turkey after constantly asking gp to get me off it and on something new. I also started zispin last year which seems to help me more. But saying that since I went coldturkey my life has got worse. I am finding things, normal simple things sooo hard to do. I am now going to restart taking seroxat as it may help me concentrate more and think cleary. I truely believe it didnt work for me but when I feel the time is right and I start getting help, I will manage to come off seroxat for good. Only you know when the time is right to stop. If there are issues going on in your life and problems going on, now wouldnt be the right time to gradually come off.

Quote Originally Posted by davebell View Post
    OMG im not on my own i came off seroxat 2 weeks ago i feel like s**t
    ask my doctor can i go back on then he said NO go cold turkey easy for him to say

last night i was crying just came on i also was sick and still have a bad tummy also with pain in my legs i feel so bad my heart is skiping all the time

glad i came across this forum

the truth is i feel i want to die i was great when i was on them started with 20 down to 10 and now 0 started 5 years ago

Dave not my real name sorry

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter
    your g.p wants a few stern words telling you to go cold turkey.I would go back to the doc and if need be threaten him/her withreporting him/her to the G.M.C(general medical council)a while ago i was taking sertraline for only 6 days and had to come of them as i was climbing the walls, it truly was the worst 2 weeks of my life by miles but it did get easier.Keep your chin up fella.
    Last edited by Neilr1978; 03-09-08 at 03:01.

Dave,
    There's only one way to come off Seroxat, and that's VERY slowly. 10% drops every 3-4 weeks is the very fastest you should go. Cold Turkey can only make you very ill. The symptoms you describe are withdrawal. Use the liquid form and don't rush.
    I've been withdrawing for a year (I've been on it for 6 years) and have gone from 20mg-2mg. The higher doses are much less problematic than the low ones when dropping.
    Take care of yourself,
    Sleepy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information