Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seroxat withdrawal

Re: Seroxat withdrawal

hi there i was on it for 6 yrs and managed to come off it fine - as sleepy says the key is to do it slowly , ridiculously slowly - xx

Angry Re: Seroxat withdrawal

I was on Seroxat for 14 years. My docs wanted me off of it. I tried and tried. I had the tablets to start with and tried reducing them with a cheese grater, but that didn't work. Then i was given the liquid form which didn't work either. The withdrawals were not nice. I usually make up my tablets in pots for a month at a time, but about 2 months ago started to feel really panicky. Panic attacks coming thick and fast, and then I noticed that I hadn't taken Seroxat in 5 days !!!! I had run out and forgot to put some more in my pots. When I realised what I'd done i was so relieved and was determined not to start back on them. I rode the storm and it wasn't easy, but I think that I'd still be on them now if I'd done it by tapering.
    This is by no means telling you to go cold turkey!!! Just saying how I did it. But I can't cope without anything so Dr put me on Citalipram 20mg. Which is supposed to do the same as Seroxat but kinder to the system. It's just started kicking in I think.
    I am thinking of you and I know it's really rough, but I think that when I tried tapering it off I was waiting for the backlash!! And possibly panicking thinking about it !! But the way it happened I went through the withdrawals without knowing what it was. I was lucky .

NO DOCTOR IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SHOULD TELL YOU TO JUST COME OFF OF THEM. I'D LIKE TO SEE THEM DO IT !!!!!!!!

Well I am 10 days into cold turkey and although it has been rough it has been ok up to know ish.

Today I feel like I am going to die and my circumstances are very difficult.
    I am doing it this way thru choice and I know of one other person who managed it but told me I was completely off my head to contemplate it.

I wish I knew how much worse it will get before it starts to get better.

I could really use a friend in the same situation..xx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Yeh, coming off seroxat is definately no joke... I think it's one of the few meds (OK Efexor too! ) that is a nightmare, even when you taper it slowly. You just have to be lucky I suppose... I wasn't and suffered for months and months.

Good luck to all that are coming off it...it does eventually get better!

Rosali: Wish you luck - feel free to PM me x

I managed to come off Seroxat after 5 years. It was one of the toughest things I have ever had to do. I gave up smoing & drining a lot easier.

You have to be super slow, took me 12 months. There is a great seroxat withdrawal site in the usa that helped me along the way.

email me if you need more details

It can be done

ash

Angry Re: Seroxat withdrawal

hi there just wanted to tell you that i have every sympton you have listed i have and i have been on seroxat since 1997 after i had my third kid my doctor has put me on a tapering off programme from 40mgs down to fivemgs over one month but gradually introducing another called setraline im just over 2 weeks into it but has been really rough dont feel like me in any way but just feel it hasto get better my heart and thoughts are with you please reply autumn 6

I have been on seroxat for 15 years, my doctor has been weaning me off it for the last month - I was taking 50mg and then after a week I went down to 40mg, a week later 30mg, a week later 20mg and have now been off it completely for 1 week and the withdrawal symptoms are truely horrific. Can I get through this??????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information