Thread: OCD relapse again.

OCD relapse again.

Recently i got a intrusive thought that my ocd was actually an indication that i will die by commit sucide........its feel so real to me....I m so scared that i will really act on it.. and secondly recently i just bought a second hand rolex watch from a watch dealer and the watch bracelet was short of 3 links.....everthings was find on the first few days but after that i suddenly had a instrusive thought about where are the missing links.... keep think where are the 3 links goes to... whether was the ex owner sold it or lost it or the watch dealer sold it or lost it as it was just 5month old watch....i Keep thinking whole day..i like the watch alot and i dont want to sell it away just to ease my obessesion as i may suffer a big lose in money by selling away as i just bought it not long ago....... my life now has being obsessed by these 2 terrible thought... its take turn to obessesed on each thought... whichever the thoughts are not that strong i will obssessed on the other one.

I knew that my both thoughts are crazy and unreasonable but i just cant help....i just want to lead a simple life style.......anyone can help???

Re: OCD relapse again.

I can relate to the fear of suicide. It was a very hard one for me. Possibly the hardest. But I have overcome it I never thought I would. OCD has certain things it attaches to and until your anxiety about it decreases the fear remains. It's a vicious cycle that is hard to break. Just remember it is possible to beat and it WILL get better. Even when you're certain there is no hope there absolutely is. I know this first hand. Have faith.

I have exactly the same fear, I hate even writing the word and when my anxiety comes back I always worry I am going to do something bad. You are not alone and I know it does get better. I am struggling a bit now with it but it will pass I know.

I too have the same fear with OCD intrusive thoughts. I'm struggling with it at the moment so don't have a lot of advice yet. Just what I've been told is to think of thoughts as only that - just thoughts, to let them drift away like clouds in the sky. You can't control what may pop up in your mind, but you can work on controlling your reaction to it.

Sending hugs your way..

Thread Information