Thread: Brain fears...

Brain fears...

Hi everyone, I've gone quite a while again without posting, but just this afternoon I've managed to develop a new big fear- brain tumours. Or brain issues in general. I'm 15 and female as a bit of background and my symptoms are mainly cluster headaches. Also, I don't even know what's normal anymore. I think that everything is wrong with me and I can't remember what it feels like just to feel OK, and so I keep touching the bottom back of my head where it meets my neck and on both sides there's what feels like a bony thing, kind of like an elbow or a knee, but the bump on the left side feels worse. It feels slightly bigger but I really can't decide if I'm imagining it or not. Right now that bump is where my headache is. It's just kind of coming and going, every few minutes I'll get an ache there and it'll go away after seconds. Is this just because I'm thinking about it?
    Another thing is my eyes- my left eye in particular- it's just slightly blurrier than the right eye when I'm trying to read and so on: my vision is definitely better in my right eye. I also see slightly different colours in each eye, if that makes sense- one eye is more yellow tinted than the other, but only very slightly.
    I'm scared. This has just come over me, and I'm scared. Health anxiety really is ruining my life. I need to get help, I know I do. But for now, can somebody please just say they feel the same? That they get this too? That nothing is wrong with me? That's it's all just my HA?

Re: Brain fears...

Have you had your eyes tested recently? A lot of cluster headaches can be caused by too much time on the computer a lot of studying . you're in your GCSE year ?

Quote Originally Posted by jayb1 View Post
    Have you had your eyes tested recently? A lot of cluster headaches can be caused by too much time on the computer a lot of studying . you're in your GCSE year ?
    I am in my GCSE year yes, which I suppose is stressing me out even more and probably making my anxiety worse and I do spend quite a long time on my laptop every day. I've never had my eyes tested, but I've been meaning to for a long time although I'm becoming too scared to incase they find something wrong... :-(

Get your eyes tested love. You may just need some glasses to help with eyestrain through studying. Brain tumour very very unlikely. As far as the computer goes try and have a break from it once an hour even if its just going to get a drink

Completely agree regarding the eye strain.

Also, the body is naturally asymmetrical. We all have parts of us where one side is bigger than the other. I imagine whatever you are feeling is only slightly bigger, if at all, and only noticeable because you concentrate on it and imagine it to be larger.

Take regular breaks from study to rest your eyes, and enjoy life. At 15, you're in great shape!

Thread Information