Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: viewing numbers

viewing numbers

Firstly let me say I have no understanding of health anxiety , I feel empathy for those who are suffering but I just don't understand it. The same as people can't understand why I'm so terrified of leaving the house I suppose. Just noticed there are 77 people viewing the panic attack section 165 the gad section and 1365 on the health anxiety. Surely by somebody viewing all the health anxiety posts increases their own anxieties and maybe develop other symptoms. Just an observation .

Re: viewing numbers

Quote Originally Posted by jayb1 View Post
    Firstly let me say I have no understanding of health anxiety , I feel empathy for those who are suffering but I just don't understand it. The same as people can't understand why I'm so terrified of leaving the house I suppose. Just noticed there are 77 people viewing the panic attack section 165 the gad section and 1365 on the health anxiety. Surely by somebody viewing all the health anxiety posts increases their own anxieties and maybe develop other symptoms. Just an observation .
    It does. It can't possibly help. I never suffered from it until I joined this site and read the board. Now I am a wreck. I think the board should be kept in a separate section, that requires you to physically go to it, and not be mixed in with other posts. I know this will never happen but it would help people out. I don't go on the board no, but I do click "active topics" and it's mixed in there, and when I see the titles of some posts I just think *insert rude word here* cos it sets me off!!

I know it must be awful and I try to help out if I can if its something I've suffered from or eye problems cos I've worked in opticians for 17 years and have a reasonable knowledge of eye irregularities. I'm lucky in the respect that if I have a problem and it has to be really bad for me to go the GPS I accept his diagnosis and that's that.

I think that HA is addictive-people just can't help themselves and immerse themselves in symptoms and diseases ad infinitum.

Definitely somewhere to avoid if you're concerned you have an illness/condition. Personally I think this section is pretty much disastrous in terms of anyone wanting to recover from HA

Where can one see those figures, please.

As regards to HA it must be something that is triggered by anxiety to many people.

Ricardo by each topic it tells you how many are viewing. Yes pulisa I agree its the same with good old mr google. Admittedly I use him from time to time normally just to get remedies to save a gp journeydidnt work so well with my eye eczema so steering clear from now on!
    Last edited by jayb1; 03-11-15 at 18:15. Reason: addition

Ricardo by each topic it tells you how many are viewing. Yes pulisa I agree its the same with good old mr google. Admittedly I use him from time to time normally just to get remedies to save a gp journeydidnt work so well with my eye eczema so steering clear from now on!

Thanks, found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot View Post
    It does. It can't possibly help. I never suffered from it until I joined this site and read the board. Now I am a wreck. I think the board should be kept in a separate section, that requires you to physically go to it, and not be mixed in with other posts. I know this will never happen but it would help people out. I don't go on the board no, but I do click "active topics" and it's mixed in there, and when I see the titles of some posts I just think *insert rude word here* cos it sets me off!!

i can certainly understand what you're saying.

however, i also believe that the health anxiety section has just as much right to be here as any other forum on the site.

the website is about supporting people who have anxiety, and health anxiety is part of that- and yes, it can cause people to panic and worry about something they didn't before ( i know I've done it), but, it's also a place to get opinions from others who have experienced the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by emily67 View Post
    i can certainly understand what you're saying.

however, i also believe that the health anxiety section has just as much right to be here as any other forum on the site.

the website is about supporting people who have anxiety, and health anxiety is part of that- and yes, it can cause people to panic and worry about something they didn't before ( i know I've done it), but, it's also a place to get opinions from others who have experienced the same thing.

Yeah I know that, that's why I said I think it should be basically under lock and key lol. Then people like me who panic over the slightest thing don't have to read it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot View Post
    Yeah I know that, that's why I said I think it should be basically under lock and key lol. Then people like me who panic over the slightest thing don't have to read it haha
    maybe a possible solution would be to introduce something in your profile where you can hide certain forums from view. sort of like an ignore list for forums.

as stated in this thread all ready, it probably will never be individual, but an ability to hide it would be the next best thing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information