Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needle biopsy on thyroid lump - scared

Needle biopsy on thyroid lump - scared

Pleas can anyone help ? I am having a needle biopsy on a lump on my thyroid next week. I am terrified & panicking about the procedure itself. Has anyone had it & can say if its simple & nothing to be feeling sick about.

Re: Needle biopsy on thyroid lump - scared

My OH had one. He had local anaesthetic so said the procedure wasn't painful. Good luck.

Thank you so much for responding. Did he have any after affects from the procedure or did he just feel normal after ? Im rally freaked about it & the results !!

I've had it done for nodes in my neck. No different than getting a needle anywhere else. A little pinch and it's over. Again, no different than getting a needle anywhere else IMO.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Really Fishmanpa just a little pinch ? Any after affects ? I was a bit concerned about the area swelling & making throat tight thus causing more panic ! Bloomin HA is bad at the moment - feeling dizzy, sick etc. Thanks for responding.

Well... for me it was that way. I felt a pinch and a dull pain when the needle hit the node but again, it was over quickly. I guess the best way to describe it is like getting shot up with Novocaine at the dentist. A bit uncomfortable for a moment and then you're good. No real after effects to speak of. A tiny bit sore for a day is all.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Had my biopsy today & thanks to Fishmanpa I wasn't as anxious as I could have been. It feels a bit bruised now & I have to wait a couple of weeks for the result. The lump had grown since the last scan 3 months ago by 2mm. Fingers crossed for a good result. Anxiety fairly high at the moment! Good news that my MRI for brain was fine - had results today.

Good job! Here's to everything coming out clear!

Positive thoughts

Really struggling to control my anxiety whilst waiting for results of biopsy. The lump had got a bit bigger which can't be good. I can't concentrate on anything & feel sick all the time. I have a bad headache today & feel slightly out of control.They mentioned that they want to check it as it is a solo nodule ? Its more normal to have 2 or 3 evidently. They also said that it might have already had a bleed as what they got with needle was a rusty colour!! V scared.

Really in a bad way now as biopsy was marginal & I now need to have half my thyroid removed with the lump for further testing. I am in a frozen state & feel constantly sick & not able to eat. I'm scared of the op itself & how I will feel after. I'm also in a panic about then waiting for 2 weeks for the verdict !! I feel so out of control !

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Help please !

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Anyone ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information