Thread: Weaning down... symptoms rise (lorazepam)

Weaning down... symptoms rise (lorazepam)

Well, this monday I began to wean down on the lorazepam I've been taking. Generally I was taking half a miligram three times a day. Once at 8 AM, once at 4 PM and once at about 10:30 PM before sleep. The dose I cut out was the one at 4 PM, so now since monday I've been taking half a miligram twice.

I have noticed though, an increase in my anxiety and symptoms as I have been doing so. A pretty dramatic increase, really, especially at night. So I called my Doc today to ask what I should do and she suggested going back up to three times a day.

That said, does anyone else have a suggestion or has anyone else had similar experiences? I do like my Doctor, she seems to know what she's about, but she's a regular family Doctor and not a psychiatrist. I won't be actually seeing a psychiatrist until the 23rd (it has taken me over a month, closer to two months to get in to see him) so I wonder if I should just go back up until I see him.

Feels kind of defeating to have to go back up after weaning down, but the anxiety I've been getting at night has been severe.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

God bless you all,

Dave

david this is the pattern, many who reduce see a rise in the symptoms but it is just a matter of not being afraid of the rise and not letting them get the better of you

easier said than done, and if you succeed in achieving this whole no fear thing id love to know , as mine is currently on the rise

keep trying

jackie

hi david
    instead of cutting the 4pm one out all together why dont you try doing the 4pm one day not the next try that for a week and then decrease it to one at 4pm and none for two days and so on see if that helps,
    best wishes
    denise

Hi David
    I am reducing Temazepam at the moment. Same family of drugs. Have had same symptoms, very anxious and depressed. Have had a lot of support from a websight called Benzoisland. They give you plans to follow and are always ready with support. I copied some stuff from the website for my doctor. She has found it really helpful. They are good at writing prescriptions but dont always know what the long term effects of the drugs are. Its worth a visit. Still keep coming here though!!!

i took lorazepam for a while and when i reduced i did feel really quite anxious for a while after. it won't last for ever though and when its gone you will feel so much better. as jackie said, it is very common to feel worse during withdrawal, i think you should sweat it out because even if you do go back up you'll only have to do this again next time, just think that every day of withdrawal is a step closer to being free of it. it may be hard but it is still progress so well done you!

koko

''my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened''

Thread Information