Thread: CBT

CBT

my doc has suggested this for my health anxiety

who has done it and did it work?

i have a telephone consultation on Tuesday to see what help they are going to offer me so fingers crossed i can start to feel better

Re: CBT

It's worth a go, Kellie. Some help is better than no help in my opinion.

CBT is the recommended treatment for anxiety disorders in terms of therapy. It is best for mild-moderate rather than complex disorders but it can always still work for those too. Plus even if it doesn't completely work, it's something you practice afterwards and keep gaining results from.

Hello kellie

CBT is a very advisable treatment procedure in dealing with anxiety. I've done it before and I can honestly say that it greatly helped me with my anxiety issues. It will take a while before you can actually see progress. Ultimately it depends on the individual. The more advisable thing to do when doing this therapy is to combine it with other treatments as well.

Kellie, the success rate is between 50% to 60 % and it is a lot of homework and can take months or years in some cases to help.

I am not being negative but based on my own experience if you have an ingrained deep rooted problem it won't generally work but there are exceptions.

Give it a go but make sure you get at least a dozen + sessions and of course a good therapist that you can relate to and feel comfortable with. Good luck.

Thread Information