Thread: Starting new job!

Starting new job!

Hi, this is my first time posting here and was hoping someone could help! I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I've just been prescribed propranolol 10mg x 3 daily although the doctor did say that I could take 3 together before a 'stressful event', does anyone know how long before arriving at work would be best to take them, have major anxiety just thinking about starting so what I'm going to be like in the morning is anyone's guess!

Re: Starting new job!

I find they work quite quickly for me, congrats on your new job, hope you like it xxx

Smile Re: Starting new job!

Hi and thank you for replying! I've now completed two shifts at my new job and swear the propranolol is what made it happen, still felt anxious and nervous, but no trembling or feeling like my heart was going to explode out of my chest! Have found that at the moment I'm feeling more anxious generally but am wondering if this could be down to worry about if the anxiety will strike at my next shift, so anxious about being anxious if you see what I mean. Think I might have to re visit GP and discuss dosage, thanks again

Re: Starting new job!

Hi, I was just prescribed this to take the place of Xanax. I'm glad it seems to be working well for you. I'm excited to see how it helps me, especially with morning anxiety.

Congrats on your new job! I need to get back into working, myself. Take care!

Thread Information