Thread: Need advice please

Need advice please

After 10 years of been on ssri's and more recently snri I am considering tappering off my duloxetine fully and starting either pregablin or mirtazapine.
    I need to know if you have had good or bad experiences with these drugs?
    I suffer with some aches and pains and anxiety with panic attacks and mood a little low lately too with bad sleep issues. I need to get myself sorted as I am missing too much of university lately as havent been able to sleep and been getting panicky in class. I need to sleep well and stop the panic so I can get on with my life then at another stage try to tapper off the meds again as I hate taking meds. I hear both these drugs can cause weight gain. I am thin and the idea of gaining weight doesnt go down well with me as I am a bit obsessive abt been thin so have ye put on weight on these meds? Does it help with your anxiety, panic attacks and sleep? Do ye drink alcohol on these meds?
    Thanks

Re: Need advice please

Hi yogi
    I'm on Mirt for the second time in a few years. I take it alongside Venlafaxine, as this combo has been successful for me in the past.
    Yes,it can cause weight gain,and Mirt can make you feel very hungry.
    I've found Mirt good for depression, but not so good for anxiety, that's been my experience anyway.It will help you to get a good nights sleep though.
    I don't drink alcohol when I'm on these meds.

I started mirt 5 days ago and so far its been good, I sleep better but still wake up in the night but get back to sleep easier, I get up at 5.30 am for work and have been able to do that, I was very groggy the 1st day but feel better now.

my main symptom is anxiety and its eased it already maybe due to sleeping better? I am still anxious, but edge taken off, I am hopeful for more relief when it kicks in.

Side effects so far are a bit dizzy, have been a bit jumpy? shaky ...nothing like when I started cirtalopram and flouroxatine. its a piece of cake compared to them. I am eating better but was not eating much before, due to anxiety before taking the mirt.

I don't drink alcohol so cant say about that.

been good so far for me and I am looking forward to it kicking in.

Cheers for that update! Glad it is going ok for you. pLease keep us updated x

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    After 10 years of been on ssri's and more recently snri I am considering tappering off my duloxetine fully and starting either pregablin or mirtazapine.
    I need to know if you have had good or bad experiences with these drugs?
    I suffer with some aches and pains and anxiety with panic attacks and mood a little low lately too with bad sleep issues. I need to get myself sorted as I am missing too much of university lately as havent been able to sleep and been getting panicky in class. I need to sleep well and stop the panic so I can get on with my life then at another stage try to tapper off the meds again as I hate taking meds. I hear both these drugs can cause weight gain. I am thin and the idea of gaining weight doesnt go down well with me as I am a bit obsessive abt been thin so have ye put on weight on these meds? Does it help with your anxiety, panic attacks and sleep? Do ye drink alcohol on these meds?
    Thanks
    As we always say no two people react the same to any one drug but pregablin is good for certain nerve pain I don't know about
    mirtazapine.

Thread Information