Thread: Diarrhea, threw up, pale skin, feeling faint

Diarrhea, threw up, pale skin, feeling faint

Hello guys,

I am freaking out. It is currently 2:35 am and I am feeling so sick. I was fine all day, I went to the movies and had a lot of popcorn and as soon as the movie ended I felt nauses. I thought it was just gas so I was lying down on my stomach.

I ran to the toilet and I had diarrhea and then I threw up twice after that. I also noticed my skin and lips looking really pale which scared me.

After this I cleaned up and felt better but still had/have mild stomach cramps. I went downstairs to make toast and while waiting I got this surge through my body and my hear went funny for a second so I ran upstairs to the toilet and again diarrhea. I started getting like the feeling of being over heated and then chills instantly. I'm so scared because I have never felt this way before. Especially the surge which really scared me.

I can't even think about food without the urge of throwing up.

Please help :( any advice?

Re: Diarrhea, threw up, pale skin, feeling faint

Hi Jenn,
    I'm so sorry you're going through this it is extremely scary and horrible but it sounds just like the few times I've had a stomach virus.
    I think the popcorn may have just triggered it, if your body was fighting a virus anyway then it had trouble digesting the popcorn it was just like 'nope this is too much get out of me!' If your digestive tract could talk lol

The surge you describe I've had before too before either being sick or diarrhea, I guess it's just the body getting ready to purge itself.

So, rest, keep warm, drink fluids. When you feel like you can start eating again nibble on dry Jacobs crackers (think they're called saltines outside of UK?) dry white toast, mashed RIPE bananas and rice. If you can handle those add in some protein like chicken or white fish just bland foods til your body gets back to normal.

Best wishes and I hope it passes quickly.

Hey Vicky thank you so much for your support and recommendations.

I ended up fainting and my parents brought me to emergency. They checked my blood pressure many times and my heart rate, they also did a blood test, and I found out I have a slight fever. Luckily the blood test came clear and they told me to buy some gravol and Imodium. I'm feeling a lot better now, I haven't thrown up since 9am. The doctor says it's either the flu or food poisoning. I have to be strictly on clear liquids for the entire day.

I'm really hoping the fainting or the sensation of fainting doesn't return. Seriously. :(

Thank you again, Vicky

aww deary me poor thing X

I had the same thing happen to me once when I had a nasty bout of vomiting and diarrhea. I only fainted once though I think it's just the body saying it's had enough.
    I'm glad you've been checked out and hope you start to recover soon
    X

Thread Information