Thread: It's back!!!

Question It's back!!!

Okay so I was diagnosed with postnatal depression and health anxiety in May. I started my tablets (propranolol and citalopram) I was feeling good! Counselling was going okay, we worked on my sleep phobia and Managed to sleep without help! I finished my 12 weeks and I felt like me again. No panic attacks, no waking up in the night screaming I was having a heart attack and that I was about to die that very moment of my partner didn't call an ambulance!

Well 5 weeks ago my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer! She had absolutely NO symptoms and now she's been given months to live! I was incomplete shock and people commented that it could start me worrying again.

I felt like I was coping with the panic until last week when I forgot to put my repeat in at doctor and had to go from the Thursday-Monday without my tablets which I think have become my security 'when I take them I'll be okay, everything will be fine' i started taking them again Monday and today is Sunday and I'm now sat here feeling my pulse, feeling dizzy, too scared to sleep and too scared to move! I don't know why this is happening to me again! I started taking my tablets again! Why have they stopped working? I need them! I need them back. I haven't got anyone to help me throug this time, my mum was my rock last time rushing me to A&E and sitting up with me when I was too scared to sleep! She always believed me (my partner tells me it's in my head and I'm fine) I feel like I've taken steps back and this time without my mums support I won't get through this time! How can I burden someone with my imaginary illnesses when they have a real one going one! Oh I'm just freaking out and I really apologise for ranting on but I actually feel a little calmer getting this all out.

Has anyone stopped their tablets and started again and had things go back to normal?

Re: It's back!!!

I really feel for you. I'm guessing the meds may just need a few more days to get back into your system and if that doesn't work I'd go back to docs. Better to sort this out now. Perhaps the doc could increase your dose for a bit until you feel better again. Must be so hard after getting this news about your mom so this won't be helping anything for you. I have a fear of sleep going on a few a while now and I have insomnia at the moment so it's not nice. My dad died a few months ago which doesn't help. Maybe some counselling again wouldn't do any harm around this difficult time x

Thread Information