Thread: Frightened to have Crp blood test

Frightened to have Crp blood test

Hi I've been referred for bloods by my GP after feeling tired and then getting very very anxious. That has of course made me more anxious.
    I'm frightened in case my Crp comes back high - it's making me feel sick with worry. Can anyone else advise me please? Xxxx

Re: Frightened to have Crp blood test

If your CRP is high it means you have some sort of infection going on. What worries you about it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I just keep thinking the worst. I know I'm being stupid. It's my anxiety spiralling out of control I suppose. Thanks for replying Nicola. I just keep thinking if it's high the dr will find something terrible wrong with me xx

They use the CRP measurement to keep an eye on my Crohn's disease but if there was something going on I am pretty sure you would be feeling rubbish too.

Is that the only blood test they are doing?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have been feeling crappy. Tired and not myself since having migraine a few weeks back then I just panicked and now I can't tell if I'm still not well or if it's the anxiety. They are doing FBC, Crp, iron, ferritin, b12, thyroid, glucose, cholesterol and renal. Xx

Ahhh ok. Well let's not jump to any conclusions, I am sure it will all be ok

Said they wanted to check my general health and rule out any conditions which may be making me anxious. Xx

I'm gonna get that done in a few weeks. I just want to rule out some things.
    I'm already panicking now about getting the results.

How long do you generally have to wait for blood test results?

I had mine taken almost 2 weeks ago now but I've been too frightened to call the surgery. It was in with a whole bunch of general blood tests for thyroid, iron etc.
    As its been 2 weeks almost I'm taking it as nothing was too abnormal otherwise I'm
    Sure the GP would have made contact by now.
    I'll have to be brave and get them though.
    The nurse said the results should be back within 2 days so it's pretty quick. I know this particular test can be done via a finger prick test if your surgery had the machine and result can be known within 5 minutes. Xxxx

Thanks! I just have to bite the bullet now

Thread Information