Thread: new to this anxiety

Exclamation new to this anxiety

Hi all

as stated I'm new to thiss I've been suffering really bad with anxiety and not able to go

outside, I get really shaky and feel like im going to faint :(
    ive only just contacted the doctors via telephone consultation he's given me some tablets called Citalopram I am very scared to even take them and there making me panic thinking about it.
    I also feel like I need to go on the sick as I am missing JC appointments but i do not want to ask my doctor please help

Re: new to this anxiety

I was just like you when mine started over 7 yrs ago. I too was put on citalopram at first and too was scared. it took me about 2-3 weeks before taking them. I didn,t take them too long as I thought no I can,t do this. I have to do this myself. but I was wrong at fist. I was physicly and mentaly not well so went to a counciler who told me get back on tablets and he refered me to a phycriatric nurse. but that was the final straw. no way was I going down that rout. I had two young babys and I didn,t want people thinking I was unfit. so my journey started to help myself and I will be honest it,s taken up until 3yrs ago to get back to what I say is normal[ish] but deffo the last yr as been more on the level. x you will get better I do promise you.

I still haven't take the tablets :/ they are only 10mg but im scared in case I experience bad side effects

Took me ages to take my tablets cause of side effects but I find if you work through them they won't be as bad as you will be busy as that's what I done as I experienced bad anxiety still get bad days but good days aswell but you will see a difference once you have started the tablets but will take 1/2 weeks for the side effects to ware off but am sure you will be fine

Thread Information