Thread: How do YOU feel palpitations?

How do YOU feel palpitations?

Hey.

I was wondering how you guys felt your palpitations, in what way, describe the sensation.

The reason I'm asking is that lately I've been having more and more of weird beats, and it's always quite an aggressive/intense experience. I feel a thump/thud in my chest, in the center, or at my sternum, and an electric rush that almost takes my breath away. It happens at least once per day.

In the past I had various tests for my heart. EKGs, blood tests, stress test on a treadmill, and a 24h Holter monitor. They did not find anything suspicious. My cardio shape is absolutely horrible. As soon as I do any kind of exercise, my heart beat jumps to 120bpm+.

I've already beaten my heart anxiety once before, by slowly easing into running, but then I fell off the wagon again.

Please, share your experience.

Re: How do YOU feel palpitations?

Sometimes I get a big THUD in my chest that comes out of nowhere. It just feels like a huge twitch in my heart. I'll get a warm rush throughout my body. I have actually jumped because of it startling me and people probably think I'm a freak when it has happened lol. Then other times I will get "runs" of light fluttering feelings in my chest. Not as drastic as the THUD I was explaining.

Gadz, I get all kinds. There is the big thud, then the looong wait for the next beat. There are multiple really fast beats. There are weak, disordered beats, and sometimes it feels like my heart is being squeezed. There's a fast pulse, slow pulse, and irregular pulse. There are strings of palps, one right after another for hours, sometimes days on end. And then weeks can go by with virtually nothing.

Sometimes it feels like my heart is quivering but when I take my pulse, it is nice and steady. Sometimes it feels really revved up, but again, nice and steady. Sometimes it IS revved up and quivering. HARD to know!. Sometimes I feel it up in my throat, other times in the middle of my chest.

The variations are endless.....sigh....

I never feel any kind of big thud, I simply feel a weird sensation on my stomach or throat, like I have some gas moving over there. I know they are ectopics cause I can feel the pause if I am measuring my heart rate. I have to say that my ectopics are not annoying at all (phisically), My problem is all about anxiety.

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NotCool View Post
    My cardio shape is absolutely horrible. As soon as I do any kind of exercise, my heart beat jumps to 120bpm+.
    Why horrible? It's perfectly normal (and healthy) that your heart goes to 120bmp with light exercise. The time that it takes to slow down after exercise says a lot more about your shape than the activity itself.

Quote Originally Posted by trus75 View Post
    I never feel any kind of big thud, I simply feel a weird sensation on my stomach or throat, like I have some gas moving over there. I know they are ectopics cause I can feel the pause if I am measuring my heart rate. I have to say that my ectopics are not annoying at all (phisically), My problem is all about anxiety.

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Why horrible? It's perfectly normal (and healthy) that your heart goes to 120bmp with light exercise. The time that it takes to slow down after exercise says a lot more about your shape than the activity itself.
    I live a very sedentary lifestyle for the last months, so my cardio shape is horrible. I fully realize that, and intend to fix it, once my ankle gets better (I got a sprain).

I live a very sedentary lifestyle for the last months, so my cardio shape is horrible. I fully realize that, and intend to fix it, once my ankle gets better (I got a sprain).
    Are you an athlete? I don't think that a few months are enough to make your cardio shape "horribe", to be honest. In the past I've had a sedentary life for many years and my heart shape wasn't that bad, I used to have resting heart rates of 55.. and now I am more active and I feel like my heart is doing worse because of anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by trus75 View Post
    Are you an athlete? I don't think that a few months are enough to make your cardio shape "horribe", to be honest. In the past I've had a sedentary life for many years and my heart shape wasn't that bad, I used to have resting heart rates of 55.. and now I am more active and I feel like my heart is doing worse because of anxiety
    No, but I used to play football recreational every few days, and was developing a running routine until May, when I completely given up. Now I just sit all day and don't do anything except some minor exercise at home.

No, but I used to play football recreational every few days, and was developing a running routine until May, when I completely given up. Now I just sit all day and don't do anything except some minor exercise at home.
    I understand, that's a little different. Anyway, you can always start again Fortunately the heart is a strong muscle and it can deal with lots of bad habits. I'm surprised that mine is still working fine after years of excessive adrenaline and sedentary life style.

Thread Information