Thread: Sinus infection

Red face Sinus infection

Hiya, its me Jem27 but ive registered a new name, sorry for any confusion but I had to for personal reasons.

Anway I saw my GP again yesterday who said it was viral, my chest was aching, my ears were sore, head was banging but still no sign of infection so I was sent home to rest, yeh right, with 3 kids

This morning I woke up with green coming out of my left nostril (sorry) pain in my left cheek, tooth ache on left side, even more glands up down left side of throat and behing ear, I felt awful. I wouldn't normally ring the emergency out of hours GP but I did for advice, it was my sons birthday party today. I was told it sounded like infection especially as id not got better all week, infact I felt worse than ever today and yesterday so as the dr was very busy there today he left me a prescription of 500mg amoxicilling to take for a week.

Is the infection likely to clear up on the antibiotics? I have heard sinus infections are hard to shift. I have felt so drained this week, im desperate to feel well again.

I use to think I had sinus trouble, use to get pain in the sinus areas, had 3 lots of anti bs last year for it and an CT scan and all was clear!!! was all tension and stress causing it, amazing. I now know though how painful and what exactly a sinus infection feels like, its grim

I use to worry alot about the risks of meningitis and sinus infections but im pretty chilled out about that im just happy now im on medication and hopefully I will get well soon. Will the anti bs still work even though I took them in September & october last year for 'sinus infections' I hope so.

Sorry to ramble on, hope everyone is feeling ok.

Re: Sinus infection

Hello cherry i have been suffering anxiety for about 6 months and it atarted with thinking i was having a heart attach. Lately i ahve been a little more calm since i went to the doctors and they said i was fin no problems found i ahve had though a little chest cold that i would say i get every winter cold ar hard to get rid of but if you take the right medicine you will get over it. anyways you ar enot alone i ahve been dealing with a stuffy nose a sore throat and chest congestion and what i think are digestive problems specifically bad gass hehehee. My ear is also pluged and has been for about 3 weeks now but i think i am starting to get over it know been a while but it is going away slowly. I have not really had any antibiotics to help the problems it has run its course which is good cause it builds up imunities but is it get to bad then i will go to the doc butr that hasnt been the case thus far. so you are not the only one whith these symptoms and if you are really worried about it then got to you doctor and get checked out and maybe get so antibiotics. But i am guessing you ahve a cold that will pass. try to relax and stay calm

Patience is a Virtue!
    Remember good things come to those who wait for them!

Hi Cherry,

Have you tried a sinus rinse? These are very good and you can get them from the pharmacy. Ask them to explain how to use them.

Deb

HI,

Thank you both. The anti bs do seem to be helping but my ear is really blocked and hurting today again, grrr.

No I have never heard of sinus rinse, not sure they sell them over here??

Thread Information